A new OnePlus phone might be released in the US soon, as two unnamed devices have been certified by the FCC. Could these be versions of the OnePlus Nord N200 5G?
TechRadar first confirmed from OnePlus CEO Pete Lau that the N200 5G would be coming exclusively to the US and Canada. The phone would launch a bit later than the OnePlus Nord CE 5G's June 10 release date, Lau said – meaning a forthcoming launch of these two mystery phones lines up with the N200 5G's launch window.
The two phones approved by the FCC only have model numbers, DE2118 and DE2117, which could represent the T-Mobile and unlocked versions, theorized PhoneArena , which first noticed the filings. The site further pointed out that the phones were likely distinct from the earlier Nord N10 and N100 phones, which used a BE prefix for their model numbers; no OnePlus phone has used a DE prefix before.
- Exclusive: OnePlus Nord CE 5G design first look , and how OnePlus designed it
- OnePlus Nord CE vs OnePlus Nord : specs, comparison and changes
- OnePlus Nord 2 could fix its predecessor’s biggest weaknesses
What phone ISN'T this likely to be?
Given the just-released OnePlus Nord CE 5G was confirmed not to come to the US, we can reasonably expect that these FCC-approved models don't refer to that phone. The Nord CE – for 'Core Edition' – is a version of last year's OnePlus Nord that's stripped away a few features for more affordability, OnePlus confirmed to TechRadar ahead of its release.
Nor do we suspect the FCC-approved phones to be the OnePlus 9T and 9T Pro, which we expect later in the year when the T-series OnePlus flagship phones typically launch. Thus, the OnePlus Nord N200 is a good guess, but we'll wait to hear more about an upcoming US release.
- Stay on top of tech news with the TechRadar newsletter
- OnePlus 7T Pro launch tonight: Expected specifications, price, India availability details
- OnePlus X review
- FCC rules that current 5G safety standards are just fine, thank you very much
- MWC 2019: Here’s what to expect, from 5G to foldable phones
- The 6-inch OnePlus 5T: Everything you need to know
- Don’t worry, OnePlus is behind the weird push notifications on your phone
- Asus Zenfone 6 first impressions: A worthy OnePlus 7 Pro alternative?
- Xiaomi launches Mi CC9 Pro and Mi TV 5 Pro QLED TV in China: Everything you need to know
- Nintendo Pushes Out New Switch Hardware Boasting Almost Double the Battery Life [Updated]
- OnePlus 6 will definitely have a notch and headphone jack
- Oppo Reno 10x Zoom review: Is this the OnePlus 7 Pro killer?
- Honor 20 review: Huawei's first new phone during Trump dispute
- Samsung’s Galaxy Fold to launch in the ‘coming weeks,’ include Premier Service
- FCC Chair Ajit Pai Wants to Cap a Program to Help Poor People Afford Phones and Internet
- LG’s V50 ThinQ is a different take on the folding phone, and it supports 5G
- Google Fiber could get FCC help in fights to compete against AT&T
- Xiaomi U.K. launch: News, devices, networks, rumors
- The Essential Phone's super slick, but it's no iPhone or Google Pixel killer
- SF’s first cellular phones arrived in 1984, costing just $30 per hour
- Facebook discussed cashing in on user data, emails suggest
New OnePlus Nord phone may launch in US soon, FCC filings suggest have 541 words, post on www.techradar.com at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.