John Mayer announced on Tuesday that he'll be releasing his eighth studio album, titled Sob Rock , on July 16th. The singer and guitarist released the news on Twitter, along with the album's cover art. Rolling Stone has reached out to representatives for Mayer for further details.
Sob Rock. July 16. pic.twitter.com/Hhn2sO9KRY
— John Mayer (@JohnMayer) June 1, 2021
Sob Rock will mark Mayer's first studio album since 2017's The Search for Everything . Since 2015, he has been performing as part of the Grateful Dead supergroup Dead & Company, who recently announced a set of 2021 tour dates kicking off in August. (The band had originally planned to tour in 2020, but postponed the live dates due to the pandemic.) Dead & Co. will also be resuming their annual Playing in the Sand residency in January 2022, performing for three nights at the Riviera Cancun in Mexico.
As a solo artist, Mayer joined Maren Morris onstage at this year's Grammy Awards to play guitar for her song "The Bones."
- The Rolling Stones announce new album, Blue and Lonesome
- Bruce Springsteen announces new album 'Letter to You' with the E Street Band
- Bruce Springsteen to Save the Year With New Album
- Jeff Beck Details New Album, Tour Dates, Book
- Busta Rhymes Previews New Album With ‘The Don and the Boss,’ Featuring Vybz Kartel
- 100 Albums Released in 2020 to Put on Your Radar
- Ariana Grande reveals her favorite songs from her upcoming album Positions as she posts tracklist to Instagram
- The women who shaped, seduced and scarred John Lennon: New book reveals untold stories of the mother whose death the Beatle never got over, Britain's first female pop star, and how Yoko Ono begged to be his lover (because she'd gone off sex)
- Ariana Grande takes over the White House from Oval Office to kitchen in new music video for lead single Positions from upcoming sixth studio album
- CBS SF Talks To Trey Spruance About First New Mr. Bungle Album In Over 20 Years
- 'Saturday Night Live' ropes in John Mulaney, The Strokes for Halloween show
- Elton John Talks New Rarities Box Set, Life During the Pandemic
- Little Mix team up with Sigala and MNEK to record new tracks
- Grieving David Crosby rocked by death of the son he helped Melissa Etheridge conceive with sperm donation... and reveals he 'doubts' his estranged former bandmates will reach out
- Doves announce two-year hiatus
- Tracks of the week reviewed: Deep Sea Diver, Monica, John Frusciante
- Remember concerts? In New Zealand, it's a reality and not just a memory
- Exclusive: Damon Albarn on Elton John, Donald Trump and the need for a 'live music prescription'
- Saturday Night Live: Colin Jost debuts his wedding ring after secretly marrying Scarlett Johansson... as John Mulaney hosts for the fourth time
- Jason Isbell, Indigo Girls Lead New Drive-In Concert Series
John Mayer Announces New Album ‘Sob Rock’ have 458 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.