Elon Musk is giving Dogecoin major street cred in the tech/finance world — but says while it’s got potential to be the king of crypto … ya might not wanna go all-in on this gamble.
We got the Tesla chief out Friday night at BOA in WeHo … where he was signing a slew of autographs and posing for pics, masked up. Man, it’s been a while since we’ve seen this.
Anyway, we got to talking to him about the new cryptocurrency that’s all the rage these days — Dogecoin, which Elon and other celebs have been propping up lately … this as traders (both amateur and otherwise) have been praying for it to go “to the moon.”
Elon tweeted Doge is the “people’s crypto” and he doubled down with us — saying that the will of the people will determine its worth, and that he’s down to give it some exposure if it facilitates Doge’s growth to that end. BTW, Dogecoin has risen by some 600% since last year … it was once trading at well below a penny — and it’s gotten as high as 8 cents of late.
So, yes … it could very well be the next Bitcoin — which is worth $40k these days — but Elon does note the fact that Doge doesn’t have a cap or finite limit hurts it in the long run.
He also gives some great advice to new investors looking to get into the crypto game — and it basically amounts to this … sure, roll the dice … but not all your dice. Watch for yourself.
One last thing — Elon tells us crypto appears to be where money’s headed, but the question still remains … which one will come out on top??? He vouches for Dogecoin as having a shot at being top … well, dog. What started out as a meme/joke could be your next bank.
As he puts it, fate loves irony.
- Elon Musk Says Building a City on Mars Could Cost Up to $10 Trillion
- Elon Musk says his 'pedo guy' remark wasn't about pedophilia
- Elon Musk Says Sorry, Starts Acting Like a Real CEO
- Elon Musk Says He Earned Nothing From Tesla in 2018
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk Says Full Self-Driving Feature Coming by Year-End
- Elon Musk Says He Works Over 90 Hours per Week to Keep Tesla Alive
- Elon Musk says '70 percent' chance he'll move to Mars
- Elon Musk says 'pedo guy' remark wasn't a pedophilia claim
- Elon Musk says sending engineers to help trapped Thai soccer team
- Elon Musk says Thai cave rescue could involve kid-size submarine
- Elon Musk Forecasts Grim Future of Human Race
- Elon Musk says SpaceX Starship rocket could reach orbit within six months - CNET
- Elon Musk says he could build new particle accelerator tunnel for cheap
- Thai cave rescue: SpaceX CEO Elon Musk says in Thailand with mini-sub
- Elon Musk says Tesla will make a leaf blower, for some reason
- Elon Musk says he'll rename flamethrower
- Elon Musk says his SpaceX Starship could go to the moon by 2021
- Elon Musk Says He's Sending Engineers to Help Trapped Thai Boys
- Elon Musk says Tesla Model Y is slated for 2020
- Elon Musk says AI will make jobs irrelevant
Elon Musk Says Dogecoin Could Be the Future of Cryptocurrency have 544 words, post on www.tmz.com at February 6, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.