The company further said its flagship e-commerce exports programme ‘Global Selling’ lowers the entry barrier for micro, small and medium enterprises to expand their business and launch their brands globally from anywhere in the country.
With over 70,000 exporters from different parts of the country, the programme has emerged as an opportunity for businesses to grow, Amazon India said in a statement.
The exports programme has played a key role in helping thousands of exporters from across India sustain and grow their business while serving people globally during the last 18 months of the pandemic, said Abhijit Kamra , Director- Global Trade at Amazon India.
“We see a great demand for products like apparel, hosiery, sports goods and others from global customers and for products manufactured across Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh.
“We truly believe that with the right set of tools and technology offered by Amazon Global Selling, exporters in the region can create consumer facing global brands from right here,” he said.
MSMEs from key manufacturing and export clusters in Punjab and Haryana can now grow existing export businesses and start new ventures through Amazon’s Global Selling programme, the company said.
The region is home to thousands of manufacturers and exports businesses across categories like apparel, hosiery, sports goods among others and they can leverage the e-commerce exports opportunity by selling directly to customers across the world.
In Punjab, there are a few categories which have seen an increased demand for exports.
While board games and cricket are the major categories in Amritsar, baby care products, diet supplements, towel and bath sheets of Ludhiana are popular.
Various categories across different regions of Haryana have also witnessed an increased demand.
Hair Henna from Faridabad; blankets, curtains, hair oils from Panipat and products like torch lights from Gurugram are among the top categories in Haryana, it said.
- Amazon to hire 50,000 temp workers in India as lockdown boosts demand
- Paatal Lok Takes India By Storm! Great Reviews And Audiences Response Hold Testimony To It!
- EXCLUSIVE | Amazon in insurance push, working with Acko to offer more products, better experience
- Covid-19: Amazon India to push private brands in hygiene, safety products
- Amazon India to add 50,000 temporary roles for warehousing, delivery network
- How a spat revealed Punjab's liquor nexus
- E-commerce players see strong demand for non-essential goods from red zones
- Amazon all fired up, to hire 50,000 temp staff
- Amazon’s first major video game is here after several false starts
- Dark truth behind India's post-lockdown liquor lines
- Hundreds of Amazon employees back anonymous letter to Jeff Bezos demanding the firm stop selling its controversial facial recognition tech to police
- 'Make in India' looking to take on China's tech industry
- Amazon starts food delivery, picks Bengaluru for launch
- Direct-selling helps Indian farmers swerve food waste under lockdown
- Amazon signs up Dharma Productions for Prime Video push
- Amazon India creates 50,000 seasonal jobs to meet surging goods' demand
- India looks to store cheap oil in United States: Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan
- DRI sounds alert over smuggling of infrared thermometers into India from China
- Coronavirus pandemic | ‘Way too late’: Inside Amazon’s biggest outbreak
- Global tourism upended; worst-case earnings scenario dodged
Amazon India Global Selling: Great demand for products made in Punjab, Haryana: Amazon have 553 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.