Twitter on Thursday unveiled a new way to send and receive payments on the social media platform. Tip Jar lets account holders add an icon to their profile page listing payment services through which people can send money .
Anyone using Twitter in English can now send tips to accounts on iOS and Android , while a limited group of people around the world using Twitter in English can add Tip Jar to their profiles. That includes creators, journalists, experts and nonprofits, Twitter says, with more availability and languages coming soon.
The Tip Jar icon appears next to the Follow button on someone’s profile. Anyone interested in leaving a tip can click on that and choose the payment service or platform they’d like to use. They’ll then be directed to that app to make a payment in any amount. Currently available services are Bandcamp, Cash App, Patreon, PayPal and Venmo. Twitter says it won’t take a cut of the money being sent.
“Show your love, leave a tip,” the social media giant tweeted. “Now testing Tip Jar, a new way to give and receive money on Twitter. More coming soon.”
Android users can also send tips through Spaces , Twitter’s audio chat room feature, which mimics popular iOS app Clubhouse . Earlier this week, Twitter expanded availability for Spaces to anyone with 600 or more followers.
“Tip Jar is an easy way to support the incredible voices that make up the conversation on Twitter,” Senior Product Manager Esther Crawford said in a statement. “This is a first step in our work to create new ways for people to receive and show support on Twitter — with money.”
If you subscribe to only one CNET newsletter, this is it. Get editors’ top picks of the day’s most interesting reviews, news stories and videos.
- 5 Tips You Need to Make Money on eBay
- Legal Credit Repair in 5 Simple Credit Repair Tips
- 5 Email Marketing Tips I've Heard and Tested
- The 9 Key Texting Tips - Discover How to Become Successful at Texting
- Attention eBay Newbie! 5 Powerful Tips to Protect Yourself From Fraud
- Online Dating Tips - Avoid The Pain, Enhance The Gain
- Get Paid to Test Products
- Making Money, Faith, Success, and Cash Gifting - The REAL Secret
- Social Network Websites - Money Making Friendships
- Five Credit Card Tips For College-Bound Millennials
- Be Plastic Smart - How to Save Money on Your Credit Cards
- Banking the Unbanked With Self Bank and Mobile Money the Cairo Initiative - A Review
Twitter tests Tip Jar feature for sending and receiving money have 406 words, post on www.cnet.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.