In brief: Capcom's Resident Evil Village demo gives players just 60 minutes to check out both the castle and village areas of the game. On the PC, however, someone has found a way to reset that timer, allowing you to explore without the pressure of a ticking clock. As reported by PC Gamer , posters on the demo's Steam forums revealed a method of bypassing the timer using the third-party SAM tool. Capcom should have suspected this would happen. The day before the exploit was revealed, it had to take down the PC demo’s servers after players bypassed the countdown lock for its release, allowing them to access the content early. If you don't want to be limited to an hour of Resi Village gameplay, Steam user Leaves has posted a helpful step-by-step guide: 1. Disable Steam Cloud for RE8 Demo 2. Download Steam SAM (Steam Achievement Manager) 3. Delete Local Savefiles (Located: D:\Steam\userdata\ \1541780\remote\win64_save\) 4. Start Steam SAM 5. Select RE8 Demo 6. Remove Achievements and Stats, confirm. This should reset the timer to zero when you replay the demo, which is available until May 9, two days after the full game's launch. As the hype surrounding Resident Evil… Read full this story
- Resident Evil 2 remake: The Ghost Survivors mode coming as downloadable content
- Everything we know about Beyond Good and Evil 2
- The Monster Hunter Rise demo incorporates the best of both worlds
- The best game trailers of E3 2018
- Monster Hunter Rise Preorder Guide: Price, Special Editions, Amiibo, And Demo Details
- As 2021 kicks off, the gaming intensifes...
- Latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine reveals the hottest games of 2021 for PS4 and PS5
- Everything we know about Deathloop
- Everything we know about God of War Ragnarok
- Why Xbox failed in Japan
Resident Evil Village: how to bypass the demo's timer; Capcom releases puppet-based trailer have 290 words, post on www.techspot.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.