Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted Saturday that deliveries of the automaker's Model S Plaid would be delayed until June 10th because the car needs "one more week of tweak."
"This car feels like a spaceship," tweeted Musk, who is also CEO of SpaceX. "Words cannot describe the limbic resonance ."
The company has been teasing the Plaid since 2019, and Musk tweeted on May 20th that Tesla would hold a delivery event June 3rd at its factory in Fremont, California.
Model S Plaid delivery pushed to June 10. Needs one more week of tweak.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 29, 2021
Tesla showed off the Model S Plaid as part of its Battery Day presentation last September. It's a step up from Tesla's Ludicrous trim level, and can reach 0-60 mph in less than two seconds, reaching top speeds up to 200 mph, according to Musk. The current specs on Tesla's website show the Plaid will have range between 390 and 412 miles, with the forthcoming Plaid Plus at a range of more than 520 miles. Prices on Tesla's website as of Saturday show the Model S Plaid purchase price starting at $119,990, and the Plaid Plus at $149,990. The Plaid Plus is listed as "available in mid-2022."
The Plaid debuted in September 2019 at the Laguna Seca raceway, where it ran the course in 1 minute and 36 seconds.
- Tesla Model 3 deliveries begin, 30 lucky Tesla employees get their keys
- Tesla CEO says don't delay, order now for Tesla Model 3 by 2018
- Elon Musk sets the Internet on fire with a tease for Tesla’s mysterious ‘D’
- Tesla Model X ‘Beta’ prototype spotted on the streets of California
- As feds open Tesla Model S safety investigation, top exec abruptly steps down
- Elon Musk heralds the future of AI as a Dota 2 bot beats a human champ
- Someone has already discovered a Tesla Model 3 Easter egg
- Tesla CEO responds to New York Times’ criticism of Model S range with angry tweets
- Will the success of Tesla’s Model S speed along a $35k model with a 200-mile range?
- Top Secret Tesla Masterplan, part 2 is expected this week
- Tesla Delivers First Lower-Cost Model 3 Cars
- Does Tesla have blood on its hands? The complex morality of autonomy
Elon Musk tweets Tesla Model S Plaid delivery to be delayed until June 10th have 368 words, post on www.theverge.com at May 29, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.