Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted Saturday that deliveries of the automaker's Model S Plaid would be delayed until June 10th because the car needs "one more week of tweak."
"This car feels like a spaceship," tweeted Musk, who is also CEO of SpaceX. "Words cannot describe the limbic resonance ."
The company has been teasing the Plaid since 2019, and Musk tweeted on May 20th that Tesla would hold a delivery event June 3rd at its factory in Fremont, California.
Model S Plaid delivery pushed to June 10. Needs one more week of tweak.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 29, 2021
Tesla showed off the Model S Plaid as part of its Battery Day presentation last September. It's a step up from Tesla's Ludicrous trim level, and can reach 0-60 mph in less than two seconds, reaching top speeds up to 200 mph, according to Musk. The current specs on Tesla's website show the Plaid will have range between 390 and 412 miles, with the forthcoming Plaid Plus at a range of more than 520 miles. Prices on Tesla's website as of Saturday show the Model S Plaid purchase price starting at $119,990, and the Plaid Plus at $149,990. The Plaid Plus is listed as "available in mid-2022."
The Plaid debuted in September 2019 at the Laguna Seca raceway, where it ran the course in 1 minute and 36 seconds.
- Elon Musk reveals Tesla's latest wheels: a big-rig electric truck and brand new Roadster sports car
- Elon Musk to compete to fund high-speed Loop in Chicago
- Tesla to Slow Deliveries in Norway on Report of Dangerous Trucks
- Elon Musk reveals newest Tesla concept on Twitter:
- Tesla Model 3 delay raises cashflow risks, but analysts upbeat
- Who is Elon Musk, what’s the Tesla founder’s net worth, what are Hyperloop and SpaceX and is he dating Amber Heard?
- Tesla falls on Model 3 production delay, but analysts upbeat
- Tesla sets massive stock awards for Musk based on boosting market value
- Falcon Heavy rocket blast off delayed by an hour due to 'strong winds'
- Tesla's 'affordable' Model 3 may not be as cheap as you thought
- Proxy firm Glass Lewis opposes Tesla's massive stock award to Musk
- Tesla remains on track despite battery delays hitting production
- Tesla to make pickup truck after Model Y crossover
- Tesla switches on giant battery in Australia
- Tesla, Australia to turn 50,000 homes into power generators
- Budweiser maker Anheuser-Busch reserves 40 Tesla electric trucks
- Tesla sticks by Model 3 target, warns spending could rise in 2018
- Tesla Plunges Anew as Questions Swirl Around Fatal Accident
- For Tesla, Cars + Cash + Credit + Convertibles = Crunch Time
- Tesla’s Stock and Debt Drop With Model 3 Lagging and U.S. Probing Crash
Elon Musk tweets Tesla Model S Plaid delivery to be delayed until June 10th have 431 words, post on www.theverge.com at May 29, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.