Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted Saturday that deliveries of the automaker's Model S Plaid would be delayed until June 10th because the car needs "one more week of tweak."
"This car feels like a spaceship," tweeted Musk, who is also CEO of SpaceX. "Words cannot describe the limbic resonance ."
The company has been teasing the Plaid since 2019, and Musk tweeted on May 20th that Tesla would hold a delivery event June 3rd at its factory in Fremont, California.
Model S Plaid delivery pushed to June 10. Needs one more week of tweak.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 29, 2021
Tesla showed off the Model S Plaid as part of its Battery Day presentation last September. It's a step up from Tesla's Ludicrous trim level, and can reach 0-60 mph in less than two seconds, reaching top speeds up to 200 mph, according to Musk. The current specs on Tesla's website show the Plaid will have range between 390 and 412 miles, with the forthcoming Plaid Plus at a range of more than 520 miles. Prices on Tesla's website as of Saturday show the Model S Plaid purchase price starting at $119,990, and the Plaid Plus at $149,990. The Plaid Plus is listed as "available in mid-2022."
The Plaid debuted in September 2019 at the Laguna Seca raceway, where it ran the course in 1 minute and 36 seconds.
- Elon Musk and Tesla are impossible to root for, but we’re doing it anyway
- Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy flies again: Incredible moment SpaceX lands THREE boosters back on Earth after successfully completing the second-ever flight and first commercial mission of its megarocket
- Fortnite goes dark after dramatic season finale leaving 5.5 million gamers stunned as Elon Musk teases that he is behind shock ending
- Tesla's self-driving Smart Summon feature being looked at by NHTSA following accident reports
- Tesla comes when called, but can fray nerves
- NASA successfully launches space weather satellite ICON after two years of delays
- Tesla sets new sales record
- SpaceX builds craft for NASA with the clock ticking away
- Blue Origin is 'going to the MOON': Jeff Bezos unveils lunar lander at mysterious invite-only event in Washington D.C. and suggests his firm will hit VP Pence's 2024 deadline for putting humans back on the surface
- Collision course: why are cars killing more and more pedestrians?
- As a safety report faults Boeing and the FAA, it's still unclear when the 737 Max will fly again
Elon Musk tweets Tesla Model S Plaid delivery to be delayed until June 10th have 400 words, post on www.theverge.com at May 29, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.