The minister also presided over signing of an agreement between the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and NCDC to boost farmers’ linkages with markets.
“This is for the first time that one of the largest European banks in the world is lending to the NCDC, thus reflecting the confidence of the global financial institution in the Indian development finance institution, particularly at a time when global economic turmoil created by the Covid-19 crisis has made lending a challenging proposition,” the ministry said.
On the occasion, Tomar said Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given a new vision to India’s agrarian landscape and to the economic relations with Germany.
The farmer producer organisations being set up in the country would be able to access easier credit and market through the NCDC agreements with ICC and Deutsche Bank, which will help small and marginal farmers, he said.
The NCDC is a development finance statutory institution under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare and has extended loans to the tune of Euro 16 billion to cooperatives of various sizes since 2014.
With zero net NPA , NCDC has pan India presence with its 18 regional directorates catering to all the states.
As per the ministry, Deutsche Bank’s initiative in India is just one of the many key business interests shown by German companies in the country over the years.
Currently, more than 1,700 German companies are active in India, providing around 4 lakh direct and indirect jobs.
Parshottam Ruapala and Kailash Choudhary, ministers of state for agriculture and farmers welfare, too were present on the occasion. MJH NKD ABM ABM
- Bad Credit Loans and Lender Questions & Answers
- Business Loans: If You Know How To Make Good Use Of Money And Expertise
- Bad Credit Scores No Longer a Deterrent in The Loan Market
- Loans Now Available For People With Adverse Credit History
- Bad Debt Personal Loans- Because Some Wishes Deserve To Be Fulfilled
- Car Loans - Five Steps to Getting the Best Interest Rates
- Bad Credit Used Car Loans - Because Car Is Necessity
- Bad Credit Unsecured Personal Loans - Shed Credit Worries
- 10 Things Every Buyer Needs - To Close A Commercial Real Estate Loan
- Bad Credit? Finance Your Home Mortgage Loan with a Sub Prime Mortgage Lender
- Lending Guidelines Change - The Future of 100% Financing, Sub-prime, and First-Time Homebuyers
- Discover What Mortgage Banks or Brokers Don't Want You to Know (1 of a 4 part series of articles)
- What Lies Beneath
- Stop Foreclosure With These Proven And Effective Methods
- Understanding The Credit Crunch
- Residential Construction Term Dictionary
- Free Property Investing - 7 Ways To Buy Property In Australia With No (or Very Little) Money Down
- Canadian Mortgage Report
- Get A Visa-Mastercard With No Credit Check
- Seven Steps to Surviving the Recession
NCDC secures Rs 600 cr loan from Deutsche Bank for on-lending to cooperatives have 498 words, post on bfsi.economictimes.indiatimes.com at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.