When Michael Williams bought a few beehives as a retirement hobby, little did he expect that his casual new project would eventually turn out to become a fully-fledged business selling millions-worth of honey-based goods. But what is now known as the British Honey Company (BHC) has made a name for itself for producing 13 different honey products and 16 types of spirits, and is currently processing an average 1.5 million bottles of honey-infused gin, vodka, rum and whisky a year. Innovation Robots for kids: STEM kits and more tech gifts for hackers of all ages The best VR and AR headsets for business and personal use The best 3D printers for business and home use What is AI? Everything you need to know We are living a dizzying rate of technological change. Is it good for us? (ZDNet YouTube) Free PDF: Robotics in the enterprise (TechRepublic) To track everything from beehives to bottles the company is using software built on low-code platform Filemaker, now re-branded Claris. SEE: Virtual hiring tips for job seekers and recruiters (free PDF) (TechRepublic) Williams was first keen to use Claris to help secure a food standard certification called the Safe and Local Supplier Approval (SAFE),… Read full this story
- GeneWize Best Home Based Business Or Income Opportunity?
- Seven Low-Cost Or No-Cost Marketing Tips For Leveraging Your Small Business Website
- How to Find Customers For Your Web Development Company
- New Technologies and Small Business Offer Solutions to Job Losses
- Rethinking IT Management For Small Business
- Will Business Bookmarking Help Your Business Grow?
- Small Business Inventory Software - Choose Wisely
- The Top Three Benefits of Online Businesses
- How to Start a Home Based Business Using a Business School in a Box
- Starting a Small Business - Twelve Questions to Consider
How low-code development is supporting this growing business, from beehives to bottles of gin have 283 words, post on www.zdnet.com at April 7, 2021. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.