RIP to the Google Shopping app. XDA spotted a hidden closing message in the app on Thursday , and late Friday, Google confirmed to 9to5Google that the Shopping app is on the way out. Here’s the company’s statement: Within the next few weeks, we'll no longer be supporting the Shopping app. All of the functionality the app offered users is available on the Shopping tab. We'll continue building features within the Shopping tab and other Google surfaces, including the Google app, that make it easy for people to discover and shop for the products they love. The Google Shopping app launched only 19 months ago , when it took over for another Google shopping shutdown, Google Express . The Google Shopping service has been a rough proposition for users— starting in 2012 , it has been nothing but an ad vector that exclusively showed “paid listings” and no organic results whatsoever. This made some sense as a service that showed advertisements in little embedded boxes in Google.com search results, but it was unclear why a user would download an app that exclusively shows ads. gave up on the “paid listings only” policy and started listing anyone that signed up on… Read full this story
- Overnight raid in Woking leaves 44 canaries missing and others dead
- Mum's horror as son, 9, is chased and threatened by armed teens
- 24 Hours in Police Custody: What next in Natalia Doherty case?
- Youngsters MUST listen to these young people who are knife-free
- Newly engaged Melissa Ede pictured trying on wedding dresses
- Don't Skype Me: How Microsoft Turned Consumers Against a Beloved Brand
- Could you eat this huge takeaway box
- How Amazon Prime Now compares to Instacart, Walmart and other grocery delivery rivals
- The unsolved cases of missing people from Hull
- Fortnite for Android downloads are fakes that could be trying to steal your account
Google is killing the Google Shopping app have 302 words, post on arstechnica.com at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.