Source: Joe Maring / Android Central
Update, April 30 (5:00 pm ET) : The update is rolling out again!
What you need to know
- Fossil is pausing its rollout of Google’s H MR2 update for Wear OS.
- The company addresses some issues with the update and has not specified when it will resume rolling out to devices.
- Google’s H MR2 update was released last year to provide speed and battery improvements to the platform.
Google surprised many when it rolled out an update for Wear OS, aiming to improve the performance of its smartwatch platform. The update, dubbed H-MR2, brought some under-the-hood improvements to make Wear OS faster and more battery efficient. The Suunto 7 received the update first, followed by the Fossil Gen 5 smartwatch , but apparently, Fossil is having some issues and has paused the rollout.
According to a Fossil representative on Reddit , the company is working out some issues with the update, which is why some users have yet to receive the update:
We are indeed holding the system updates for Gen 5 as we’re trying to iron out some issues. We’re getting closer to the release date now (though I cannot confirm here), and I’ll definitely let you know when it starts rolling out. Thank you for your kind patience so far! Looking forward to bringing back the perks of Gen 5 to you soon.
The cause of the hold is unknown, but users that have already received the update do not seem to have any problems with their smartwatches. This also does not seem to affect Fossil’s own software update which was rolled out last year to the Gen 5 as well as the Gen 5E which is arguably the company’s best Wear OS watch . That update also brought some new features as well as improvements to battery life.
Hopefully, the issues get ironed out sooner rather than later so more people can take advantage of the latest Wear OS improvements, particularly owners of the Fossil Gen 5 LTE , which has not received either update.
Update, April 30 (05:00 pm ET) — Fossil is now updating the Gen 5 once more
Fossil has restarted the Gen 5 update once more. Users over on reddit have reported an update that rolled out this week, hitting even devices which had received the previous buggy build. If it hasn’t yet shown up on your device, we can walk you through how to check for updates on Wear OS .
A great Wear OS watch
Fossil Gen 5
Still a good smartwatch
The Fossil Gen 5 remains one of the best Wear OS smartwatches money can buy. It offers a great design, swappable watch bands, and additional software from Fossil to enhance its functionality. And thanks to the latest Wear OS update, Fossil Gen 5 watches are even better.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more .
You may have never heard of Fairphone, but the Dutch company is trying to make waves across the tech industry with its sustainable approach to materials sourcing, distribution, labor relations, and customer care. We got the chance to try out the Fairphone 3, and we have some thoughts on the device beyond its hardware and software experience.
Since we’re so close to the Android 12 beta, we want to know what you think about the changes so far. Are you on board with Material NEXT or are you not feeling the UI overhaul that’s underway?
FLoC is currently the best plan to actually preserve our privacy. But because Google is behind it, a lot of other companies are worried that Google will extend its ad platform at the expense of competitors.
Ready to start paying for your coffee with just your watch? Here are all the Wear OS devices that support Google Pay!
- Fossil's smartwatches now come with the best watch face customization app
- Common iOS 13 problems and how to fix them (iOS 13.7 update)
- Realme 5 series smartphones start receiving Nov security update
- Windows 10 Creators Update: the 10 best new features
- Amazon Echo Dot Kids Edition (4th Gen) review: Like taking candy from Google Assistant
- San Francisco pauses indoor dining and school reopenings. Contra Costa, Santa Cruz counties slide backward to more restrictive tiers
- Google Assistant rolls out to the Fitbit Sense and Versa 3
- First batch of Pfizer Covid-19 jab is received by Croydon NHS vaccine hub as the UK rolls out the biggest mass immunisation programme in history
- The Division 2 Season 4 And Title Update 12 Go Live Next Week
- Where to buy PS5: all the latest PS5 restock updates
- Vaccines won't end Covid so keep wearing your mask, top health official says
- Best smartwatch deals for December 2020: Samsung, Fitbit, and Apple Watch sales
Fossil Gen 5 Wear OS update rolling out again after earlier pause have 860 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.