Six years ago when Damini Pahwa started Appsoleut Coders, there was a sense of skepticism. Women didn't really run the show when it came to apps and more so games. It has been perceived as a male-dominated domain but six years and 150 million downloads later, Pahwa and Appsoleut are here to stay. "Gaming has always been an integral part of my growing up. I always chose games over my studies…which was such a struggle for my parents. But they are proud today," says Pahwa, co-founder and CEO Appsoleut Coders. Pahwa is not alone. Giving her company in the app and game development sphere are Abhinaya Chandrasekhar and Raskha Rao who head The Unscripted Life and Parjanya Creative Solutions respectively. Chandrashekhar was working as a strategic brand director at a global advertising company when she decided that she wanted to "jump into the uncertain vortex of chaos, or entrepreneurship about four years ago." She worked her way up by taking up projects that helped her learn about new product development, design, tech and going beyond her domain knowledge. Pahwa has been a hardcore gamer all her life, so it was an industry where she wanted to make it big, so… Read full this story
- Xbox Game Studios' Matt Booty talks Project Scarlett and the desire to "deliver a game every three to four months"
- The Best Board Games for Developing Valuable Real-Life Skills
- Euronews moderates Reddit Q&A on end violence against women day
- Beat the 'crunch': new union for video games workers launches
- The Story Of Two Games That Took Forever To Make
- How Football Manager changed the game
- Take the pain out of Thanksgiving with these 10 apps for Android and iPhone
- 'Be picky and have high standards': new dating apps cater to the elite and the rich
- Here's everything the Roborock app can do
- Women use dating apps to confirm attractiveness, men for casual sex, finds study
Women’s Day: Meet three women running a game studio, developing apps and more have 317 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.