What you need to know
- The new Realme 8 Pro is the company’s first phone with a 108MP camera.
- It uses the same Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor as Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 10 Pro Max.
- The Realme 8 Pro willl go on sale in India from March 25 for a starting price of ₹17,999 ($248).
Realme has introduced two new additions to its impressive lineup of budget Android phones: Realme 8 and Realme 8 Pro.
The Realme 8 Pro is the company’s answer to Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 10 Pro Max , which is one of the best cheap Android phones available right now. It sports a 6.4-inch AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution and a 180Hz touch sampling rate. What is a little disappointing, however, is that the panel only offers a 60Hz refresh rate. Powering the Realme 8 Pro is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 720G processor, paired with up to 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage.
On the back of the Realme 8 Pro is a quad-camera array with a 108MP Samsung ISOCELL HM2 primary sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide lens, a 2MP macro lens, and a 2MP B&W portrait lens. In addition to being the first Realme phone with a 108MP camera, the Realme 8 Pro is the first phone to offer Tilt-shift Time-lapse video and Starry Time-lapse video. The phone also comes with a 4,500mAh battery with 50W SuperDart Charge support, an in-screen fingerprint sensor, Hi-Res audio certification, and a 16MP selfie camera.
The standard Realme 8 sports an identical 6.4-inch AMOLED display as the Pro model, but runs on MediaTek’s Helio G95 processor instead. It also has a less impressive 64MP main sensor and supports 30W charging speeds. Surprisingly, however, the vanilla Realme 8 packs a larger 5,000mAh battery. Both phones run Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 .
The Realme 8 starts at ₹14,999 ($205) for the 4GB/128GB version and goes up to ₹16,999 ($234) for the 8GB/128GB version. Realme 8 Pro, on the other hand, will retail for ₹17,999 ($248) in India for the 6GB/128GB version and ₹19,999 ($275) for the 8GB/128GB version. Both the new phones will be available to purchase in the country from March 25. The Realme 8 Pro will also be available in the UK from March 31 for £279.
In addition to being the digital hub for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disney Plus offers a variety of MCU-adjacent superhero films. Here’s a roundup of films you might want to watch ahead of the platform’s new Marvel series, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
Ever since the new partnership with Samsung and Google for the Wear platform upgrade was announced at Google I/O, we’ve been waiting to hear which if any of the dozens of current Wear OS watches will see the new version. Well, we can cross off about a third of the list right now: no current Fossil watches are planned to get the upgrade.
Google just released its latest Pixel Buds A-Series, but are these your next wireless earbuds, or are you looking forward to new releases from Sony and Samsung? Let us know!
Flagship phones are great. Paying full price for them isn't. Refurbished phones let you get a flagship device for a fraction of the cost — and these are a few of our favorites.
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 108-megapixel Penta camera smartphone: Pros and Cons
- Asus vs Redmi: The fight for India's best budget phone
- Realme XT to Redmi Note 8 Pro: Here are the top smartphones in India under Rs 20,000
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro camera review: Here’s how the 48-megapixel phone performs
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro first impressions: OnePlus 7 Pro finally gets some serious competition
- Motorola One Vision review: An impressive mid-range phone but should you wait for Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro?
- Xiaomi Mi A2 review: Impressive design and performance but not without trade-offs
- Is the Moto G6 better than the Redmi Note 5 Pro?
- Samsung Galaxy M30, Redmi Note 7 Pro to Realme 3: Top smartphones in India under Rs 15,000
- Budget smartphones under Rs 10,000 in India as noted in August 2019
- Xiaomi to launch world’s 1st 108MP camera phone soon
- Xiaomi Redmi 7 review: Value-for-money smartphone under Rs 10,000
- Realme X2 Pro: The new Realme flagship smartphone takes on ‘flagship killers’
- Here’s when Xiaomi Redmi Note 8, Note 8 Pro are launching in India
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro with 64-megapixel camera launched: Check price, full specifications, features
- Redmi Note 8 to go on sale today at 12pm: Specifications, price, offers
- Xiaomi Mi A3 or Redmi Note 7 Pro: Why Android One smartphone is a better buy
- #GadgetSpeak: Is the Realme 2 better than the Redmi Y2?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro first impressions: 48-megapixel camera is promising
- Mi Super Sale: Discounts on Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi Note 7 Pro and Poco F1
The 108MP Realme 8 Pro is here to rival Xiaomi's Redmi Note 10 Pro Max have 859 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at March 24, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.