The Women of Big Bazaar SOS, the composite group of women who work for the Future Group, on Monday appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and sought his support to protect their livelihoods as legal tussle between Amazon and Future Group continues. In a letter to the Prime Minister, the Women of Big Bazaar SOS group said: “Future Retail and Reliance had entered into an arrangement through which Future’s retail stores will continue to be operated by Reliance. Reliance has also committed to clear all debts and dues owed by Future Retail to suppliers and vendors.” “Since we had been facing tough times during the pandemic, this deal provided us with a lot of hope and confidence for our continued livelihoods. However, Amazon… has tried to stop this tie-up, and consequently our future and that of our families hangs precariously,” it added. The group wrote to the Prime Minister on the occasion of International Women’s Day, March 8. The group claims to represent more 2.1 lakh women – 10,000 women direct employees and another two lakh women indirectly earning their livelihoods through working or supplying products to Future Group brands such as Big Bazaar, and associated retail chains of Future… Read full this story
- Delhi HC declines Future Retail’s plea against Amazon
- PM insists he is 'not at war with the North' as Sunak denies waiting until LONDON was in lockdown to step up coronavirus bailout after he unveils £3bn-a-month splurge to keep self-employed afloat and stop bars and restaurants laying off millions of workers
- PornHub owner MindGeek is sued for $80m by FORTY women who say site 'partnered with and profited from sex trafficking operation GirlsDoPorn'
- It's carnage out there! York students celebrate city staying in Tier 2 - amid warning 30,000 hospitality firms face ruin by end of year after Frankie & Benny's and Wagamama group lost £15m in last lockdown
- Pornhub is forced to remove 80 per cent of its videos amid claims it is 'infested' with child sexual abuse material
- US antitrust case against Facebook seeks villain in Mark Zuckerberg
- Tories at war: Ex-Conservative party chairman blasts Boris Johnson's Brexit plan to protect our fishermen with Royal Navy gunboats while Admiral says vessels could stop 'punch-ups' with 'stormy' French crews
- How Syria's disinformation wars destroyed the co-founder of the White Helmets
- Furious Theresa May leads Tory assault on lockdown plan accusing Boris of using the 'wrong' projection of 4,000 deaths a day to shore up his case - as PM scuttles out of House after begging mutinous MPs to back him saying the NHS could 'collapse' otherwise
- Get ready for blast off Britain: Boris's Brexit deal is set to help boost the economy by 6.1% next year and add to post-Covid boom - as PM promises tougher border controls and urges all MPs to back him in 30 December crunch vote
Future Group's women employees writes to PM, seeks livelihood protection amid co's tussle with Amazon have 458 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.