We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more . A little pop You can still find a few phones with pop-up selfie cameras, but don’t hold out for this trend to make a comeback. Harish Jonnalagadda 28 Feb 2021 0 Source: Android Central Phone manufacturers have waged a war on bezels over the last four years, and the result is that even budget phones these days have ultra-thin bezels on all sides. Thin bezels mean you get a larger screen-to-body ratio, allowing brands to cram a larger screen without increasing the dimensions of the phone. For some context, the Galaxy S9+ had a 6.2-inch panel, and the Galaxy S21 offers the same screen size even though it is 6.4mm shorter. Xiaomi was the one to kick off this particular trend back in 2016 with the Mi Mix, which offered a 91.3% screen-to-body ratio. Xiaomi achieved this by changing the location of the front camera module to the bottom bezels, leading to an all-screen design. Brands have iterated on this formula; the Galaxy S8 and S9 series featured thin bezels at the top that hid the camera module, the ZenFone 5 and OnePlus 6 went the iPhone… Read full this story
- Motorola Phone With Pop-Up Selfie Camera, Full-Screen Design Leaked in Live Images
- This prototype camera captures images in five dimensions
- Huawei caught in image row over smartphone selfie in Egyptian advert
- Honor V30, V30 Pro Leak Tips 60-Megapixel Rear Camera, Kirin 990 SoC, Hole-Punch Display
- Man 'took a week to recover after capturing image of phantom soldier in selfie'
- iPhone owners say secret ‘beauty filter’ makes their selfies TOO perfect in Apple ‘beautygate’ row – but it doesn’t exist
- The psychology of selfies
- Google and Annie Leibovitz team up for project to test new Pixel 3 camera
- Selfies shot inside Puri Jagannath temple go viral
- This woman is literally using her boyfriend as a selfie stick… and we feel for the Instagram husbands of the world
Why don't we see any more pop-up selfie cameras? have 312 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.