India’s largest software services firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Wednesday said it will recruit 1,500 technology employees across the UK over the next year. The announcement followed Monday’s meeting in Mumbai between visiting UK Trade Secretary Liz Truss and TCS CEO Rajesh Gopinathan . During the meeting, the two sides discussed TCS’ commitment to continue investing in the UK economy, innovation, technology sector, and in developing workforce skills. The latest announcement builds on TCS’ 45-year history in the UK. “By partnering with some of the UK’s largest corporations in their growth and transformation initiatives and helping them harness the power of emerging technologies to launch new innovative products and services, TCS has been an integral part of the UK economy’s initiatives to remain globally competitive,” TCS said in a statement. The Mumbai-headquartered company has grown its business in the UK almost four-fold over the last decade entirely organically, making it one of the largest providers of IT and IT-enabled services in the nation. TCS is also one of the UK’s largest recruiters of IT talent. TCS’ workforce in the UK has 54 nationalities represented, and women account for 28 per cent of the workforce, much higher than the 17… Read full this story
- We CAN be sure that the gloom-laden certainties of bitter Remainers are hot air as tech giants recruit armies of staff in the UK
- If you’re looking for a job in the sky, airline Jet2 has announced a major recruitment drive across the UK
- Hereford Times poll: Should the Government make it easier for fruit farms to recruit overseas before the UK leaves the EU?
- UK may use taxes to get tech giants to do more
- Young women less likely to go for tech career
- Outer London is 'worst in UK' for teacher shortage
- ‘Removal of EU as source for skilled staff would stunt growth of tech sector’
- 600 nurses from Philippines to be recruited in bid to fill Northern Ireland gap
- Police recruitment 'has been hit by Stormont collapse'
- Uber's Chinese rival Didi Chuxing recruits in Mexico ahead of launch
TCS to recruit 1,500 tech staff in UK have 339 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.