She’s currently pregnant with her third child.
And on Wednesday, Helen Flanagan took to her Instagram Stories to reveal that she’s struggling with rosacea – a common skin condition that causes redness and visible blood vessels in your face – after being bed-bound with extreme morning sickness.
The soap star, 30, confessed she wonders if it’s due to ‘carrying through the winter’ after previously having had ‘summer babies.’
Oh no! On Wednesday, Helen Flanagan, 30, took to her Instagram Stories to reveal that she’s struggling with rosacea, after being bed-bound with extreme morning sickness
Helen wrote: ’I have started with rosacea recently apparently it’s hormonal anyone else experienced this in pregnancy? Love to know.
‘I usually have really swollen feet and ankles in pregnancy at this stage but I’ve always had summer babies… Maybe it’s because this time I’m carrying through the winter.’
It comes after Helen admitted her third pregnancy will be her last after being left bed-bound with extreme morning sickness.
Changes with the seasons? The soap star confessed she wonders if it’s due to ‘carrying through the winter’ after previously having had ‘summer babies’
Treat yourself to some new lingerie like Helen in Pour Moi
Pour Moi St Tropez bra
Now reduced to £22.50!
Helen Flanagan took to Instagram to show off her cute bump in a lingerie set by Pour Moi!
Featuring a black lace design with red, orange and pink delicate floral inlays on a full cup bra with matching shorty knickers, this set is both fun and flirty!
So if you want to treat yourself (or someone special) to a sexy gift, click right to buy Helen’s exact bra now, currently on sale reduced to £22.50! Sadly her knickers aren’t available to buy but there is a similar version available once you click through!
Alternatively shop around with our edit of similar styles below, including picks from Marks & Spencer, Aubade, Agent Provocateur and Ann Summers.
* PRICES MAY NOT BE AS ADVERTISED
Pregnancy symptoms: The actress asked her followers if they’d had the same experience
Helen also suffered from the complication during her first two pregnancies but told how it has been far worse on her third.
Speaking to Fabulous magazine, she said: ’I always really wanted four children, but after the hyperemesis this time, I could never go through it again. So the decision about having more children after this one has been taken out of my hands, really.
Difficult: Helen has admitted her third pregnancy will be her last after being left bed-bound with extreme morning sickness
‘It’s funny, I always thought if I knew I was carrying my last baby I would feel really sad about it, but because of what happened, I don’t see it like that. I see it as a positive decision and one I’m completely happy with.’
Helen was forced to move back in with her parents while she was suffering with the condition as she needed help looking after daughters Matilda, five, and Delilah, two, while footballer fiancé Scott Sinclair goes to work.
She said: ‘It started as soon as I found out I was pregnant and I was in and out of hospital where they would give me anti-sickness jabs.
‘I wasn’t able to look after the girls because I literally couldn’t get my head off the pillow. I was constantly being sick and couldn’t keep anything down.’
Ordeal: The actress has suffered with hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) and revealed the symptoms have put her off having more children
WHAT IS HYPEREMESIS GRAVIDARUM?
Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) is defined as severe nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
Celebrities who’ve been open about their own battles with HG include:
- The Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton
- Kim Kardashian
- Kourtney Kardashian
- Debra Messing
- Kelly Clarkson
- Tia Mowry
- Tori Spelling
- Amy Schumer
It affects up to two percent of pregnant women.
HG symptoms usually appear between weeks four and six and peak at 9-to-13 weeks.
Up to 20 per cent of sufferers experience symptoms up to weeks 14-to-20, however, most have relief in the later stages.
Unlike morning sickness, which affects up to 80 percent of pregnant women, HG causes severe dehydration and prevents sufferers from keeping any food down.
Other symptoms include:
- Losing five percent or more of their pre-pregnancy weight
- Reduced urination
- Extreme fatigue
- Loss of skin elasticity
- A rapid heart rate
Some HG cases require hospitalization where women can receive IV fluids and nutrition.
HG’s cause was thought to be hormonal, however, research suggests it may be due to genetic variations.
Source: American Pregnancy Association
Helen added that she found it ‘so tough’ being bed-bound for so long and couldn’t even have the lights on at home because they made her feel dizzy.
The actress, who is due in March, also said that none of the medication she was given worked after she was on it for seven months when pregnant with Deliliah.
Her condition has improved as of late and she now experiences ‘normal’ morning sickness and can carry on with her day.
Helen postponed her wedding to Scott last year due to the coronavirus pandemic and now the star reckons they won’t tie the knot until 2022.
Family: Helen was forced to move back in with her parents while she was suffering with the condition as she needed help looking after daughters Matilda, five, and Delilah, two, while footballer fiancé Scott Sinclair goes to work
- What's the severe morning sickness condition that Amy Schumer and Kate Middleton have suffered from?
- I vomited 15 times a day with such severe morning sickness that I was forced to give up my job – and terminate my pregnancy
- Matthew Wright reveals he’s been diagnosed with PTSD and suffers sleepless nights due to stress on The Wright Stuff
- Every spring, he left Mexico to pick crops in Canada. One year he didn’t come home. We expose the terrible cost of migrant work
- Could DADS breastfeed too? New hormone kit ‘makes men lactate – but you might grow moobs first’
- Meat allergy caused by tick bites turns comforts of home into a deadly terrain
- 'Sleeping Beauty' student snoozes 20 hours a day
- How you can help us and charity Children with Cancer make kids like Lucas smile this Christmas
- Killer who smothered NHS midwife after "intense affair" jailed
- Whatever, forever: an oral history of Clueless
- Our inspirational readers celebrating their 70th birthday alongside Prince Charles over tea
- 61 people
- Best horror movies to watch including Netflix's scariest films
- Game of Thrones: Graphic book scenes cut from the show
- Kenneth O'Brien murder trial: Killer Paul Wells' astonishing tale of secrets, lies, betrayal and conspiracy
- The harrowing story of a mum who gave birth soon after her 20-week scan
- 62 of the most inspirational Plymouth men alive today
- Viewpoint letters (November 15)
- As December came
- A return to the glory days of jazz with Jean Toussaint, plus the best jazz and folk gigs of 2018
Pregnant Helen Flanagan reveals she's struggling with rosacea and wonders if it's due to 'carrying through the winter' after being bed-bound with extreme morning sickness have 1234 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 3, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.