Future Retail Ltd said the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) can issue directions to convene meetings of shareholders and creditors of applicant companies, including it, to consider the Rs 24,713-crore deal with Reliance Retail following an order by the Supreme Court. Earlier in the day, the apex court had allowed the NCLT , Mumbai to continue with the proceedings but asked not to pass a final order on the amalgamation of Future Retail Ltd (FRL) with Reliance Retail, as it agreed to hear Amazon’s plea against the Delhi High Court verdict that stayed a single judge directive to maintain status quo on the deal. The US-based e-commerce giant had moved the top court against the order of the high court division bench which paved the way for the Reliance-FRL deal. A bench comprising Justices R F Nariman and B R Gavai issued notices to FRL, Chairperson Kishore Biyani and others and sought their replies to the Amazon plea. The reply is to be filed in three weeks and a rejoinder to it two weeks thereafter, the bench said, adding that the appeal will be listed for hearing after five weeks. The Supreme Court has “further specifically ruled that the proceedings… Read full this story
- Banks to recast Future loans on delay in RIL deal
- Future Retail says reviewing HC order, Amazon welcomes verdict
- No relief to Future Retail from Amazon's legal moves
- Vietnam Airlines to hold extraordinary meeting to seek shareholders’ loans
- Delhi High Court rules Amazon's attempt to control Future violative of FEMA FDI
- HC permits Future deal, but no bar on Amazon to oppose
- CAIT says Amazon's arbitrary policies to dominate India's retail trade should end
- Thanks to Reliance, Deal Street sees 7% rise in value to $80 bn in 2020: Report
- Gehlot heads to Delhi for Saturday's meeting between Sonia, 'letter-writers'
- 'The message is that it is No Deal': Supermarkets told to begin preparing for panic-buying as the likelihood of a hard Brexit 'hits 80%' as Boris Johnson takes personal control of preparations with trade talks with the EU due to expire TODAY
NCLT can issue directions to hold shareholders meet over RIL deal: Future Retail have 334 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.