The iPhone might be one of the most-talked about — and one of the best-selling — smartphone in the world but it has always been other companies that have been ahead of Apple in the race. Samsung consistently does well overall in the smartphone market. However, it seems like the iPhone 12 series has done the trick for Apple. According to a report by Gartner, Apple has emerged as the biggest smartphone brand in the world. As per Gartner, Apple shipped almost 80 million smartphones in the last quarter, which was much more than all other brands, including Samsung. Notably, this is the first time since 2016 that Apple has sold more phones than Samsung. In the previous quarter, Apple saw year-on-year growth of 14.9%. During the same period, Samsung’s sales fell by 11.8%. Considering that Apple launches a limited number of devices compared to a vast quantity that Samsung launches, the iPhone 12 — and probably the iPhone 11 — seem to have done quite well globally. The Gartner research report notes, “The launch of the 5G iPhone 12 series helped Apple record double-digit growth in the fourth quarter of 2020.” While Samsung may have been left behind in… Read full this story
- Best camera phone 2020: the top smartphone snappers around
- Best wireless earbuds: the best Bluetooth earbuds and earphones in 2020
- Huawei ban: Full timeline as US presses Britain to block Huawei from its 5G network.
- Best folding phones of 2020: What’s available now and what’s coming soon
- Best Smart TV 2020: every smart TV platform and which set does it best
iPhone 12 series helps Apple beat Samsung have 249 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.