With Covid-19 unlikely to go away this year, central banks will have to maintain loose monetary policies to prop up economies. This, along with shifting global supply chains, will bring even more advantages to the domestic stock market, Tran Thanh Tan, general director of fund manager VietFund Management (VFM), said. In their latest strategy report, Rong Viet Securities (VDSC) said the recovery of the domestic economy with Vietnam’s Covid-19 situation under control will be a pillar for the VN-Index’s sustained rise. Low interest rates will continue making equities more attractive in terms of profitability and draw cash flow, while the market has some supporting factors such as the possibility of being upgraded to second emerging market by global provider of benchmarks, analytics, and data solutions FTSE Russell, as well as being on the emerging market upgrade watch list of MSCI, the provider of global indices and benchmark related products and services to investors worldwide, it said. Concurring, Tran Thi Khanh Hien, head of research at brokerage VNDirect, added the VN-Index could also get a boost from the fact that a vaccine could be widely deployed soon. However, analysts have also cautioned that VN-Index’s rally could be hampered in a scenario… Read full this story
- Double Your Income series: When the stock market is booming but the economy is not
- An oversold stock market could be in for a bounce back
- New technologies shifting paradigm for stock markets & their participants
- Stock market falls for fourth consecutive session
- Will the stock market upgrade benefit large cap stocks?
- Trade optimism lifts world stock markets
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Trade optimism lifts world stock markets
- Taking Stock: Market pauses for GDP numbers, clarity on US-China trade deal
- Govt's 'tax terrorism' responsible for stock market slump: Cong
- Apple becomes first US company to hit $1 trillion in stock market valuation
Less turbulent 2021 seen for Vietnam stock market have 296 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 4, 2021. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.