In context: Joy-Con drift has been a long-standing problem with the Nintendo Switch. While joystick drifting is not exclusive to Nintendo, it does seem to be more pronounced and frequent. The company has been aware of the defect for over three years but has done little to fix it aside from offering free repairs, which ultimately break down as well. On Wednesday, the European Consumer Organization (BEUC) lodged a formal complaint with the European Commission against Nintendo. The France-based watchdog group claims it has received over 25,000 complaints regarding joystick drift in Nintendo’s Joy-Con Controllers for the Switch. The BEUC claims that in 88 percent of reported cases, the defect manifested within two years of purchase, amounting to “premature obsolescence.” “On behalf of consumer groups in affected countries, BEUC has submitted a complaint to the European Commission and national consumer protection authorities for premature obsolescence and misleading omissions of key consumer information (on the basis of the EU’s Unfair Commercial Practices Directive),” the BEUC said in a press release. Joy-Con drift has been a persistent problem since the Switch launched in March 2017. The first reports of faulty joysticks began showing up as early as November 2017. The defect is… Read full this story
- Calls grow for UK to investigate alleged Russian meddling in 2016 Brexit vote
- Veterans Affair Watchdog Finds Significant Problems in VA Caregiver Program
- U.S. watchdog may fine Habib Bank, Pakistan's biggest lender, up to $630 million
- How they became us: Orange County changed forever in the 40 years since the fall of Saigon
- Pink eye on the rise in Houston
- What We Are Downloading
- Italy’s Five Star Movement May Be the Heir to Mussolini’s Fascists
- Some 500 migrants feared dead after overloaded ship goes down in Mediterranean
- She Told The DEA Its Agent Was A Stalker. Then Things Got Really Bad.
- After fast turn against Trump, Michael Cohen threatens to leverage secrets against him
EU watchdog calls for investigation into Nintendo's persistent Joy-Con drift issue have 307 words, post on www.techspot.com at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.