Sky News presenter Kay Burley tonight described herself as an ‘idiot’ and apologised following her six-month suspension over breaching coronavirus rules with her 60th birthday party. In a grovelling email to all her Sky colleagues, leaked to MailOnline, she said: ‘Dear all, I’m an idiot. I’m really very sorry. I know I have let so many of you down. There’s really nothing else I can say to excuse my actions.’ Her colleagues political editor Beth Rigby and north of England correspondent Inzamam Rashid, who also attended the party, will each be off air for three months following the event in London on Saturday. All three journalists will be on full pay during their time off air, according to reports, however Sky has not confirmed whether this is the case. Senior staff at the news organisation said they have not been told whether the three will paid or not – but did slam the suspensions as too little punishment. One senior executive said: ‘There is an awful lot of disquiet at what is seen as a gentle slap on the hand for Kay Burley. Giving her six months off doesn’t rescue the integrity of our news organisation. ‘We want to know if her… Read full this story
- 'I will call in the best lawyers': Frank Field vows to fight to stay in Labour after being told he will be expelled within a fortnight after quitting the parliamentary group - as another MP says he could leave over anti-Semitism
- Murdered Jack Merritt's devastated girlfriend is comforted by his parents as they arrive at vigil to honour the 25-year-old and his fellow Cambridge student Saskia Jones, 23, after father attacks Boris for playing politics
- Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s ordeal: a story of British arrogance, secret arms deals and Whitehall infighting
- Lawyer X royal commission blog: Simon Overland questioned over diaries he denied existed
- A Company Built on a Bluff
EXCLUSIVE 'I am an idiot': Kay Burley sent grovelling email to Sky News colleagues after she was suspended for SIX MONTHS over 60th birthday party Covid rule breach 'on full pay' have 312 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 10, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.