Kindly Share This Story:Call States to establish anti-graft agencies By Gabriel Ewepu – Abuja As Nigeria joins the rest of the world to commemorate 2020 Anti-Corruption Day, the Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre, CISLAC, and Transparency International Nigeria, TI, Thursday, tasked the government on producing tangible results in the anti-corruption fight. The Executive Director, CISLAC, Auwal Rafsanjani, stated this in an address at a media conference to mark the day with the theme, ‘United against Corruption’ in Abuja, where Rafsanjani described the commemoration as mixed feelings because corruption continues to thrive and flourish in all facets of national life. According to him, it is the first Anti-Corruption Day within a global pandemic which has largely threatened the theme for this year’s celebration as the novel Coronavirus, COVID-19 pandemic has revealed even more corruption vulnerabilities across Nigeria. READ ALSO: CISLAC describes Buhari’s aide’s comment on massacre of Borno rice farmers as insensitive He also called on State governments to establish their own anti-graft agencies like the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC, and others to effectively fight corruption that takes place at the state and local government levels. He added that the Complaint Response Unit, CRU, of… Read full this story
- How Wall Street Is Doing An End-Run Around A Federal Anti-Corruption Rule
- What is the European Public Prosecutor’s Office and will it help fight corruption involving EU cash?
- DealBook Briefing: Want to Avoid Corruption? Don’t Invest Here
- A global anti-corruption fund mooted by Mahathir gets named after him – and Malaysia has donated RM500,000 to it
- Romania anti-corruption referendum — what you need to know
- Blame govt policy for persistence of illicit trade
- Anti-corruption campaigner set to win Slovakia's presidential vote
- California beats its 2020 goals for cutting greenhouse gases
- At rally, Warren decries Trump as 'corruption in the flesh'
- Whistleblowers: U.N. refugee agency does not always protect us or address corruption
2020 Anti-Corruption Day: CISLAC, TI task govt on tangible results in anti-corruption fight have 311 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at December 10, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.