(Subscribe to our Today’s Cache newsletter for a quick snapshot of top 5 tech stories. Click here to subscribe for free.)
Google has launched a new version of Chrome web browser, optimised for Apple’s new M1-powered Macs.
The latest Chrome 87 supports new Apple Silicon Macs such as MacBook Air and 13-inch MacBook Pro.
While downloading the new version, users with M1 computer will be given the option to select between “Mac with Intel chip” which is labelled as Most common and “Mac with Apple chip”.
Google began rolling out the new version on Tuesday but paused the rollout after users reported unexpected crash while browsing the web.
Mark Chang, Google Chrome product manager, said the rollout was paused due to a snag and Google will continue the rollout from Wednesday.
“Earlier today we updated our Chrome download page to include a new version of Chrome optimized for new macOS devices featuring an Apple processor,” Google said in a post.
“We’ve discovered that the version of Chrome made available for download today may crash unexpectedly.”
However, it noted that only users who have installed Chrome today, and only on new macOS devices with an Apple processor, will be affected. Google recommended a workaround to resolve the issue.
It suggested users to open system preference and navigate to Security & Privacy. After selecting Privacy on the top, choose Bluetooth from the left. Then tap on add application (+) below the approved applications, select Google Chrome and restart Chrome.
The alternative workaround is that users can uninstall the new version and download the ‘Mac with Intel Chip’ version until the update is released.
- Google launches new password and account protection tools for Safer Internet Day
- Google’s new Lunar New Year game teaches you to make amazing shadow puppets for Chinese New Year
- Fitbit releases new health tracker – but you won’t be able to buy it
- Apple AirPods 2 rumoured for March release date with NEW design that stops them falling out of your ears
- How Apple succeeded at CES without even attending
- How to get new iPhone update BEFORE everyone else – iOS 12.2 download trick revealed
- We tried out the new ‘mesh’ WiFi systems to see whether they really can boost your signal strength
- Google Password Checkup tool reveals if YOUR login has been stolen by hackers
- iPhone 11 to get new ‘frosted glass’ design and a TRIPLE camera on the rear
- Google ‘is developing smart shoes packed with sensors that can warn if the wearer is getting fat’
- Apple releases software update to fix FaceTime bug
- Ariana Grande turned into Memoji for latest Apple Music ads
- Apple AirPods 2 news – wireless earbuds to get ‘Hey Siri’ control for first time
- WhatsApp update adds new stickers to messaging app with extra keyboard from Google
- World Cup, Meghan Markle or Royal Wedding? Google reveals Brits’ TOP searches for 2018
- Confident Kadjar ups the ante with new style and technology
- New iPod Touch and iPad Mini 5 ‘on the way’ at SECRET Apple gadget launch
- Apple ‘knew FaceTime could let people spy on you a WEEK before telling us’ – after being told by 14-year-old whizz’s mum
- Motorola Moto G7 release date – entire range of new smartphones leak online
- Google Chrome users risk being HACKED by sneaky scam that quietly ‘infects’ your gadgets
Google releases new Chrome version for Apple Silicon Macs have 539 words, post on www.thehindu.com at November 18, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.