Amazon has prevailed in a lawsuit claiming it secretly poached eBay sellers. The companies and a group of Amazon managers filed arbitration updates for two complaints, one from 2018 and another from 2019. The complaints alleged that Amazon employees signed up for eBay accounts under false pretenses, then lured eBay merchants to their platform. In both cases, eBay convinced an arbitration panel that there was a breach of its user contract. But it couldn’t prove it suffered harm as a result, according to documents filed with the Superior Court of Santa Clara and a California district court. More generally, eBay was unsuccessful in arguing that Amazon had coordinated a poaching campaign against it. The decisions come as Amazon faces an antitrust probe in Europe and the prospect of greater regulation in the US. This includes scrutiny of whether it unfairly competes with third-party sellers on its own platform — but not whether it unfairly recruited them from other sites. Amazon declined to comment on the case; eBay didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Fintech company GreenSky defeats shareholder lawsuit over IPO disclosures
- House panel demands Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos testify over antitrust allegations
- Where to find household goods when Amazon, Walmart and others are out of stock
- Contraceptive pills are listed on eBay by unregulated sellers as women struggle to access family planning services in lockdown but experts warn drugs could be fake and potentially 'toxic'
- How to avoid Amazon: the definitive guide to online shopping – without the retail titan
- Can It. Amazon Is
- Sen. Josh Hawley calls for criminal antitrust investigation into Amazon
- How much could YOU make from a lockdown declutter? FEMAIL reveals the ten top-selling items on eBay (and you could get £1,200 if you have them all)
- Amazon starts vetting would-be sellers using video conferencing technology during the coronavirus crisis to stop fraudsters exploiting the platform
- US lawmakers demand Jeff Bezos testify over Amazon’s 'possibly criminally false' statements
Amazon defeats eBay lawsuit over seller poaching have 327 words, post on www.theverge.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.