XBOX and PC gamers will miss out on the new Call of Duty Cold War zombies mode for a YEAR.
The long-awaited Zombies Onslaught mode will be a PS4/PS5 exclusive for the first 12 months after launch.
Cold War is the next big-hit Call of Duty game, coming out on November 13.
And one of the exciting new co-op modes is called Zombies Onslaught.
It pits two players against waves of zombies, fending off the undead until total exhaustion
But the new mode will only be available on PS4/PS5 until November 1, 2021.
After that, Xbox and PC gamers will be able to join in – although a new Call of Duty game will likely be coming out then.
There’s still a regular Zombies mode, as well as all the other usual trimmings: Campaign, Multiplayer, Warzone and more.
However, some gamers will likely be frustrated that they’re paying the same price for the Xbox game as the PS5 version – despite a missing mode.
It’s a double blow for Xbox owners, as PlayStation gamers were the first to gain access to the Cold War beta too.
Of course, exclusives are common in the gaming industry – and players are well used to missing out on content based on their choice of console.
In any case, Call of Duty Cold War will probably sell like hot-cakes on Xbox and PlayStation alike.
The new game is just a few weeks away, and takes players back to the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s.
Modern Warfare’s Warzone battle royale mode is making a return, likely due to its immense popularity.
It will remain free to play for anyone, even if they don’t own the main Cold War game.
Most read in Gaming
Xbox Series X goes on sale TONIGHT – here’s where you can still buy one
BATTLE OF THE BOXES
PS5 vs Xbox Series X: The good, the bad and the very ugly
PS5 review: Xbox rival has better games and the BEST joypad – but it’s no looker
New Call of Duty Black Ops game for 2020 ‘set in Cold War’ with revamped Warzone
PS5 sales will be online only on launch day with no stock in UK or US shops
Xbox Series X review: The future of gaming is fast, gorgeous and finally here
In other news, check out our early take on Call of Duty Cold War’s multiplayer.
We recently spoke to one of Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War’s designers about the game’s multiplayer mode.
And, we recently spoke to Warzone’s creators about the future of the spin-off game.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
- We reviewed 10 new games before Black Friday. Here’s what we thought
- PlayStation 4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch: Which one should you buy?
- A One-Word Theory About Why New Balance Signed Kawhi Leonard
- Adds Royale Pass Season 5, new weapons and more
- Why England v Croatia is biggest home game for years
- Start the new year with these free video games
- Fallout 76 Launches Live on PC Ahead of Schedule
- Game On: Save the world again and again and again with new Diablo III collection
- Player Unknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) coming to an XBOX near you for FREE
- Advance Wars reborn? Wargroove review
- [Updated] New Power Rangers Game Battle For The Grid Trailer Leaks
- ‘Pokemon Go’ is finally getting trainer battles
- Apparently men's rights activists really hate this new Gillette ad
- Big Game List: Game of the Year, Top 20 Best Video Games of 2018
- 2018 news year in review: Stories across United States that moved us
- Takeaways From Legalization’s First Year
- Holiday Game Guide 2018: Virtual experiences for the whole family
- 2018 holiday video game buying guide
- Holiday Gaming Preview
- Review: ‘Fallout 76’ stumbles as it brings multiplayer to series
New Call of Duty Cold War zombies mode will BAN Xbox and PC players for a YEAR – as PlayStation gets ‘exclusive’ mode have 654 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 26, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.