Senior British Army officers are set to introduce a Diversity and Inclusion Directorate to enforce politically correct standards in the forces and will hire a team of equality specialists to carry out the woke initiative.
The army will invest over £500,000 on the new staff, as well as an additional £110,000 per year salary for the Director of Diversity and Inclusion.
According to the Mail on Sunday , candidates for the positions will be required to help soldiers and employees at the Ministry of Defence "feel authentic in the workplace", to make people's differences feel "valued", and to ensure that "everyone's needs are considered".
Expressing 'Patriotism' Could Be Sign of Far-Right Extremism, Says British Army https://t.co/9DJMEsaAQB
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) May 31, 2019
Sir Nick Carter, the Chief of Defence Staff, has reportedly signed off the plan to diminish further the perception that the British Army is made up of straight, white men — even though they do, in fact, comprise the majority of troops.
Just 8.8 per cent of regular service personnel are from racial minority communities, and women comprise 10.9 per cent of full-time personnel in the Armed Forces. The new initiative is believed to be an attempt to boost recruitment numbers from so-called underrepresented groups.
The revelations come as United States President Donald Trump ordered the elimination of Critical Race Theory programmes and initiatives from America's federal government.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has yet to comment on the introduction of the new woke brigade.
PC Brigade: British Army Ditches 'Gender Specific' Titles Like Rifleman https://t.co/aXYWs7Xfni
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) December 17, 2018
The move was slammed by the former Commander of British Forces in Afghanistan, Colonel Richard Kemp, who said: "Liberal madness and its cult of identity politics has no place in military units who fight as teams, not as individuals."
"The emphasis must remain on inspiring the iron ethos of service before self and creating the cohesion, which is vital in combat. Obsessing over differences and individuality is dangerous," he warned.
"There is also no evidence diversity and inclusion policies contribute to increasing recruitment from across all parts of British society. Most people join the forces because they want to belong to something greater than the corrosive cult of individualism," Colonel Kemp concluded.
British Army Launches Recruitment Drive For 'Millenials', 'Snowflakes' https://t.co/aI8Yc2asGD
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) January 3, 2019
The Ministry of Defence shot back, claiming: "Defence is at its best when it is diverse, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive working environment that attracts the best people from a wide range of backgrounds."
In July, the Royal Navy also succumbed to woke outrage mobs, reportedly banning "gendered" terms such as "unmanned" and "manpower" out of fear that using the words would be viewed as "sexist".
British Army Recruitment Campaign Focuses on Islam, Sexual Diversity, Banishes Macho Image https://t.co/4t3RNZnZrg
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) January 10, 2018
Follow Kurt on Twitter at @KurtZindulka
- Recording Academy's Task Force on Diversity & Inclusion Releases Its Final Report
- So proud we are set to be trans parents: They’re the ex-Army captain and actor who both transitioned, fell in love and married. Now, they reveal the next miraculous chapter that will make them a British first
- 100 Women Directors: Actors, Producers, and Twitter Users Suggest Even More Names
- Racing told to focus on four key areas to become more inclusive
- UCLA’s Darnell Hunt Talks Hollywood Diversity And Addresses Lack Of Awards Season Inclusivity: “There’s A Long Way To Go”
- Recording Academy Reveals Its Diversity Task Force Report, With Strong Calls for Reform
- Companies need to collaborate to move needle on gender diversity: Zinnov-Intel India study
- Ben Roberts Named New CEO of British Film Institute, Succeeding Amanda Nevill
- Nepal wants army deal reviewed before UK can recruit female Gurkhas
- Trapped in its metropolitan bubble, the BBC failed to see a political earthquake was coming, former BBC Editorial Director ROGER MOSEY says
- Location impacts gender diversity in India: Intel study
- New record as 15 British Pakistani elected to British parliament
- Channel 4’s Ian Katz: How The Most Talked-About Man In British TV Plans To Silence His Doubters
- IPOB replies Army, says ‘we have no hand in the video you were slaughtered’
- Myanmar’s Suu Kyi’s defense of army puzzles former admirers
- How the Salvation Army is trying to change its 'anti-LGBTQ' reputation
- Killer lasers, jammers and trackers: The cutting edge technology police and the army are using in the hunt for Gatwick's drone of misery... so why haven't they found it yet?
- 100 Women Directors Hollywood Should Be Hiring
- University Spends $10.6 MILLION A Year On Diversity, Equity, And Inclusion Salaries. Is It Working?
- Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Paul Feig adopt 'inclusion riders': 'It's just common sense'
British Army to Blow £500,000 on 'Diversity and Inclusion Directorate' have 806 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 7, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.