The PlayStation 4 era may be winding down, but people are playing their consoles more than ever at home. Sony just announced as part of its first-quarter earnings that despite a 22 percent decrease in sales of hardware and packaged games, digital software sales are up 83 percent year-on-year, bringing in revenue of 395 trillion yen ($3.72 billion). At 599 trillion yen ($5.65 billion), total PlayStation revenue was 36 percent higher than the same period last year and was the highest for any April-June quarter in PlayStation history. More than 112 million PS4 consoles have now been shipped worldwide, and Sony has nearly 45 million PlayStation Plus subscribers. Sony cites sales of The Last of Us Part II and also calls out Ghost of Tsushima as a strong performer, though the latter game wasn’t released last quarter so isn’t a contributor to these figures. The company says that it has addressed slight COVID-19-related hitches in its PS4 supply chain and is still preparing to launch the PlayStation 5 this holiday season. Sony also says “no major problems have arisen” with first-party or third-party game development. This financial year, Sony expects a further 31-percent increase in gaming-related revenue due to the… Read full this story
- Maruti, Hyundai expect year-end sales spike
- Caterham sales spike to 20-year high in 2016
- Nike sales spike in wake of Colin Kaepernick relationship
- INDIA SALES: Top 10 Two-Wheelers – June 2017
- India Sales: Top 10 Scooters – August 2017 | Honda Activa supreme, TVS Jupiter sees sharp spike
- Chart(s) Of The Day: Is Subaru’s Sales Streak Losing Steam?
- Despite sops, car sales continue to plod in Feb
- SALES ANALYSIS: September 2017 | India Auto Inc in festive mood as all segments drive onto growth road
- Birth of a Sales Tool: LinkedIn Meets eBay
- October 2016 U.S. Auto Sales: Not As Bad As the Numbers Look
PS4 software sales spike during the pandemic have 299 words, post on www.theverge.com at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.