US President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Monday that bans technology workers on H-1B visas from replacing American citizens in federal government contracts. The order will ensure that Federal agencies prioritise hiring American workers and not people on an H-1B visa. “We believe jobs must be offered to American workers first,” Donald Trump said in a statement. – The order mandated all federal agencies to carry out an internal audit to assess whether they are in compliance with the requirement of appointing only US citizens and nationals to competitive service. The Department of Labor will also finalise a guidance to prevent H-1B employers from moving H-1B workers to other employer’s job sites to displace American workers. Trump’s decision to ban workers on H-1B visas comes after the federally-owned Tennessee Valley Authority’s (TVA) said that it will outsource 20 percent of its technology jobs to companies based in foreign countries. Around 200 American workers were to lose their jobs over the next five years, said the order. French technology major Capgemini, Accenture and CGI had won the contract from TVA, according to the employees union of TVA. A Bloomberg analysis of Department of Labor data showed that in the… Read full this story
- Vladimir Putin thanks Donald Trump for tip that foiled terror plot
- Trump Wants to Block Visas for Immigrants' Extended Family Members Because National Security Will Be in Danger
- 'Any answers Nancy?' Donald Trump tries to get a reaction from Speaker Pelosi over a report alleging her son may have been involved in a Ukrainian corruption scandal
- Donald Trump tells Iran it would be a 'bad idea' for them to go to war as he rings in the New Year at a very lavish Mar-a-Lago party with Melania, Barron, his family and hundreds of friends
- Donald Trump trolls 'Fake News' Chris Cuomo with claims he has information and 'dishonest interviews' that could get him fired from CNN - and jokes 'he will always be Fredo to us'
- Donald Trump says liberals want to change Thanksgiving's name, insists he's making 'everyone rich' and slams heart attack claims by bragging about his 'gorgeous chest' during wild Florida rally
- Lindsey Graham claims Donald Trump is 'putting the world on notice' that there will be 'no Benghazis on his watch' as Democratic senator calls Middle Eastern policy 'catastrophic'
- Donald Trump has breakfast meeting at his golf course but does NOT play while Baghdad embassy burns—as aide says it would have been 'the mother of all bad optics'
- Lindsey Graham golfs with Donald Trump AGAIN as senator who once called him 'a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot' has played 14 rounds with the president—far more than anyone else
- 'You can't do a damn thing!' Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei hits back at Donald Trump after the president threatened to make him pay a 'big price' for US embassy attack
Donald Trump has more 'bad news' for H-1B visa professionals have 487 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.