This week, Amazon Prime Video brings its Original Series World’s Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fiji, hosted by Bear Grylls and executive produced by Mark Burnett. The show tells the story of the ultimate expedition race, in which 66 teams from 30 countries race non-stop for 11 days, 24 hours a day, across hundreds of miles of rugged Fijian terrain complete with mountains, jungles, rivers, and ocean.
Leading Team Khukuri Warriors (named after a type of machete associated with Gurkhas in India and Nepal) are 29-year-old twin sisters Nungshi and Tashi Malik who will be representing India and South Asia for the first time.
Starting August 12, stream Vin Diesel starrer, Bloodshot. Based on the Valiant Comics character with the same name, Bloodshot is a thrilling revenge drama with a wholesome dose of sci-fi tropes.
This week also marks the India premiere of second season of Ramy Youssef-starrer, award-winning comedy TV Series Ramy.
Highlights of the week
World’s Toughest Race: Eco-challenge Fiji – August 4
The series, produced by MGM Television in association with Amazon Studios, comes from an award-winning team in television including host and executive producer Bear Grylls (Man vs Wild, Running Wild), showrunner and executive producer Lisa Hennessy (Eco-Challenge, The Biggest Loser), and executive producers Mark Burnett (Survivor, The Voice), Eric Van Wagenen (Survivor, The Amazing Race), Barry Poznick for MGM Studios, and Delbert Shoopman, Grylls’ producing partner. The ultimate team survival competition pits contestants in a series of grueling activities in a race around the globe.
Ramy Season 2 – August 14
In New Jersey, Ramy, son of Egyptian migrants, begins a spiritual journey, divided between his Muslim community, God, and his friends who see endless possibilities.
Bloodshot – August 12
Ray Garrison (Vin Diesel), a slain soldier, is re-animated with superpowers. Following his gruesome assassination, elite soldier Ray Garrison is resurrected by scientists using nanotechnology. But does his new life belong to him?
- ‘Farscape’ Streaming: All Episodes, Plus ‘Peacekeeper Wars’ Coming to Amazon Prime Video This Week
- Ikea Apologizes For Leaving New Zealand Off World Map After Announcing Plans to Expand Into the Island Nation
- What's Coming to Amazon Prime Video in April 2019—Full List of Releases
- What’s streaming on Amazon Prime in February
- What's Coming to Amazon Prime Video in March 2019—The Full List of Releases
- Neil Gaiman and Cast Tease Amazon Prime's Good Omens
- Facing opposition, Amazon reconsiders New York headquarters site
- Amazon's new environmental report could show cost of two-day shipping
- As Amazon reconsiders New York headquarters, poll finds NYC support
- TV this week: ‘Veep’ launches its farewell season
- Amazon scraps New York HQ2 plan
- “Push it to a new limit”: Mikaela Shiffrin scripts marvelous ski season
- Amazon to New York City: Fuggedaboutit!
- ’After Life’ with Ricky Gervais and new season of ‘Tin Star’ top viewing choices
- New Zealand Attacks: Quick Action, Near Miss and Courage in Christchurch
- Home viewing this week: ‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘On the Basis of Sex,’ ‘Destroyer,’ ‘Special’
- Amazon would have had contributed to gentrification in NYC
- France softens stance ahead of plea for new Brexit delay
- 'Outlander' Season 4 Finale Spoilers: Reunion and Cliffhanger All in One
- Jonas Brothers get Amazon documentary movie
Amazon Prime new arrivals this week: ‘World’s Toughest Race’, ‘Ramy’ Season 2 have 498 words, post on www.thehindu.com at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.