ZDNet Recommends The best VPN services for your home office or any remote connection VPNs aren’t essential only for securing your unencrypted Wi-Fi connections in coffee shops and airports. Every remote worker should consider a VPN to stay safe online. Here are your top choices and how to get set up. Read More A jury found Russian hacker Yevgeniy Nikulin guilty for breaching the internal networks of LinkedIn, Dropbox, and Formspring back in 2012 and then selling their user databases on the black market.The jury verdict was passed on Friday during what was the first trial to be held in California since the onset of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.The three hacksAccording to court documents and evidence presented at the trial, Nikulin hacked all three companies in the spring of 2012.The hacker first breached LinkedIn between March 3 and March 4, 2012, after he infected an employee’s laptop with malware that allowed Nikulin to abuse the employee’s VPN and access LinkedIn’s internal network.From here, the hacker stole roughly 117 million user records, data that included usernames, passwords, and emails. Nikulin then used the LinkedIn data to send spear-phishing emails to employees at other companies, including people working at Dropbox, where he… Read full this story
- US-UK Trade Docs Leaked Before Election Were Stolen From Liam Fox Email by Alleged Russian Hackers
- Garmin services begin to come back online after 'playboy Russian hacker, 33, who runs 'Evil Corp' demanded $10m to restore their systems which his group crippled for 5 days'
- Russian hackers targeted Liam Fox's personal email
- Suspected Russian hackers stole contents of ex-UK trade minister's personal email account: sources
- Russian hackers ‘targeted Liam Fox’s emails to steal trade documents waved by Jeremy Corbyn during election campaign’
- Russian hackers stole US-UK trade talk papers from email account of Liam Fox - report
- Russian hackers accused of stealing UK-US trade documents from Liam Fox emails
- Russian hackers stole trade papers from Liam Fox email
- Bitfinex is asking for help to recover the $1.35 billion in Bitcoins hackers stole four years ago
- Exclusive: Papers leaked before UK election in suspected Russian operation were hacked from ex-trade minister - sources
Russian hacker found guilty for Dropbox, LinkedIn, and Formspring breaches have 360 words, post on www.zdnet.com at July 11, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.