FCC Chairman Ajit Pai sat down with the Daily Caller to discus America’s latest move in our ongoing conflict with Chinese Communist Party (CCP), which saw the FCC classify two of China’s biggest companies as “unique threats” to national security. Pai told White House Correspondent Anders Hagstrom that Huawei and ZTE – Chinese tech giants – got hit with the classification, which prevents them from receiving any funds American companies have received from a multi-billion-dollar U.S. grant program. Pai said the FCC is still exploring potential further action against the CCP. (RELATED: ‘Seattle Has Been Liberated’: White House Celebrates The Fall Of CHAZ)Pai also touched on the ongoing argument in the U.S. over how – or whether – social media should be regulated in the U.S. President Donald Trump released an executive order last month calling on Congress to amend Section 230, the law granting internet companies immunity from lawsuits over how they moderate third-party content on their sites. Check out TheDC’s other videos and subscribe to our YouTube channel so you never miss out. SUBSCRIBE! NOW CHECK OUT The Daily Caller’s most recent videos:EXCLUSIVE: Scott Walker Blasts Wisconsin Riots And Dems Blockading Police Reform How Hundreds Of Thousands Of… Read full this story
- Ajit Pai doubts Elon Musk’s SpaceX broadband-latency claims
- FCC Commissioners Blast Sinclair Settlement as ‘Abdication of Responsibility’
- Why The Highly Partisan FCC Decision Won’t Last Long
- ISPs denied entry into apartment buildings could get help from FCC
- Robert Reich: The People's Internet Is Under Threat
- China to Boost Its Military Budget Citing ‘Defense Threats’ from U.S.
- White House official urges Britain not to hand China control of its electricity as Beijing-run nuclear energy company jostles for dominance
- Coronavirus live updates: Federal Reserve chairman says economy could rebound this year, without a second wave of virus
- Donald Trump's WHO Letter About China Explained: An Annotated Timeline
- Donald Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Platforms: “They’ve Had Unchecked Power”
EXCLUSIVE: FCC Chairman Ajit Pai Explains The ‘Unique Threat’ Chinese Companies Pose To US have 323 words, post on dailycaller.com at July 2, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.