Updated 1053 GMT (1853 HKT) June 26, 2020
Chat with us in Facebook Messenger. Find out what’s happening in the world as it unfolds.
This is the next installment in the “Generation Resilient” series. Catie O’Reilly is a recent graduate of Vanderbilt University. She lives in New Orleans, Louisiana. The views expressed in this commentary are her own. View more opinion on CNN.
(CNN)As the eldest of four children from a middle-class family in New Orleans, there was one thing I knew for sure: if I wanted to avoid six-figure debt after college graduation, I would have to excel academically and try to earn every scholarship available to me.
- Jobs report: San Francisco tops nationwide hiring for technical evangelists, more
- Best-reviewed places to work in San Francisco include pMD, Heap, Pendo and more
- Three-month San Francisco ‘landing pad' offered to start-ups on Ignite's Belfast accelerator
- Former Grand Canyon superintendent returns to San Francisco
- San Francisco is so expensive, people are commuting from an Oregon town that's a 10-hour drive away
- Angry nurses want Mark Zuckerberg's name removed from a San Francisco hospital
- Check out what this huge $41 million penthouse high above San Francisco has to offer
- San Francisco’s contested mayoral race is finally over — and the tech-backed candidate is the new mayor
- String of San Francisco restaurants closing their doors
- President Trump launches scathing attack on Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco district, saying the city 'has really gone down hill' with rampant homelessness and drugs, just hours after the impeachment vote
- San Francisco's Freshest New Businesses
- Former 49ers safety Eric Reid deals his digs outside San Francisco for $1.8 million
- See the new Ford Mustang Bullitt, a muscular tribute to the San Francisco movie
- Asian grocery chain Hmart to open first San Francisco location in Oceanview/Ingleside Heights
- Check out this San Francisco home on Lombard Street listed at $45 million
- San Francisco Fed chief supports gradual rate rises
- 85-year-old Wine Institute to move headquarters to Sacramento from San Francisco
- Arlequin, Elite Cafe, Jardiniere, Blowfish Sushi restaurants all close in tough San Francisco economy
- San Francisco restaurateur behind new climate change surcharge coming to your restaurant bill
- Hair today: 5 new salons in San Francisco
My terrific job offer in San Francisco got snatched away have 1223 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 26, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.