MAMMA Mia! Here We Go Again was the highly anticipated sequel/prequel to the record-breaking 2008 movie Mamma Mia!
The original star-studded cast returned to our screens to sing our favourite ABBA songs, but which new famous faces joined the cast, and when is it available on Netflix?
Who is in the cast of Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again?
Fans will be excited to hear that the star-studded original cast returned for the sequel.
Amanda Seyfried , 34, made her movie debut in the smash teen-comedy Mean Girls.
Since then, she’s gone on to star in many notable Hollywood hits including, Les Misérables, Dear John, and Ted 2.
Seyfried will be playing Daphne Blake in the highly-anticipated movie Scoob!
In Mamma Mia! Amanda reprised her role as heroine Sophie.
The 42-year-old Brit exploded onto the scene in comedy-drama, The History Boys.
Dominic then went Stateside and starred as Howard Stark in Captain America: The First Avenger and Agent Carter.
Dominic has also made appearances in My Week with Marilyn, Need for Speed and Warcraft.
Cooper played Sophie’s fiance Sky.
Meryl Streep – real name Mary Louise Streep – was born in on June 22, 1949 – that makes her 71.
She has been nominated for a record 21 Academy Awards, and has won three.
Meryl has also received 31 Golden Globe nominations, and won eight — more nominations and competitive wins than any other actor.
Meryl has starred in some of the world’s most iconic movies including Sophie’s Choice, Out of Africa, Julie &Julia, The Iron Lady and The Devil Wears Prada to name a few.
She married sculptor Don Gummer in 1978, and the pair raised four children together – musician Henry (born 1979), actresses Mamie (born 1983) and Grace (born 1986), and model Louisa (born 1991).
Pierce is an Irish and naturalised American actor, who first rose to popularity in the television series Remington Steele.
He is most known for his stint as secret agent James Bond from 1995 to 2002.
The 67-year-old has twice been nominated for a Golden Globe, for Nancy Astor and The Matador.
Pierce was awarded an honorary OBE in July 2003, for his outstanding contribution to the British film industry.
Colin Firth’s breakout role was his portrayal of Mr Darcy in the BBC adaption of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice.
However, the 59-year-old revealed he almost missed out on the now iconic role after a screenwriter deemed him too ginger to play the part .
He has since had roles in Bridget Jones, Love Actually and Kingsman, receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2011.
Colin has also been awarded a CBE and won an Oscar for his performance as King George in 2010 drama The King’s Speech.
Born February 22, 1950, Dame Julie Walters has won two BAFTA Film Awards and four BAFTA TV Awards in her illustrious career.
The 70-year-old first came to prominence playing the titular role in 1983 film, Educating Rita.
Julie was also nominated for a Best Supporting Actress Award for her role in Billy Elliot.
She is also known from her time playing Molly Weasley in the Harry Potter franchise.
Born May 2, 1952, Christine Jane Baranski is a 15-time Emmy Award nominee, winning once in 1995 for her role in the sitcom, Cybill.
The 68-year-old is most known for her critically-acclaimed performance as Diane Lockhart in legal drama series, The Good Wife.
Christine is also a successful Broadway actress, scooping Tony Awards for her work in The Real Thing and Rumors.
She’s also starred in Cruel Intentions, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Into the Woods, and Trolls.
Legendary singer Cher was one of the new faces joining the cast.
Cher played Sophie’s grandmother Ruby – who she has never met.
Cher won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 1988 Moonstruck.
She has sold over 100 million records worldwide, becoming one of the best-selling music artists in history.
Her song Believe became the highest-selling single of all time by a female artist in the UK.
MORE FROM NETFLIX
Who else is in the cast of Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again?
- Stellan Skarsgård returned as Bill Anderson: Sophie’s third possible father, a Swedish sailor and travel writer
- Andy Garcia played newcomer Fernando Cienfuegos
- Omid Djalili as a Greek customs officer
- Lily James joined the cast as Young Donna
- Hugh Skinner played Young Harry
- Jeremy Irvine as Young Sam
- Josh Dylan joined as Young Bill
- Alexa Davies is Young Rosie
- Jessica Keenan Wynn also joined the cast as Young Tanya
When is Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again on Netflix?
Mamma Mia 2 was released to Netflix UK TODAY (26 June, 2020).
Now fans can dance and sing along to their favourite ABBA songs from the comfort of their own homes.
- Mamma Mia! cast reunite as poster and final trailer are release for sequel Here We Go Again
- Alan Partridge helped Mamma Mia! succeed – Armando Iannucci
- Cher gatecrashes party in final trailer for Mamma Mia! sequel
- Is Meryl Streep's Character Dead in 'Mamma Mia 2'? New Trailer Backs Fan Theory
- Mamma Mia 2 new trailer is here and Cher is about to steal the show
- Free 'Mamma Mia!' screening on Mother's Day
- 10 reasons to attend Mamma Mia! musical
- Cast takes a chance on Salt Lake City by returning for PTC's 'Mamma Mia'
- Aha! Alan Partridge helped Mamma Mia! succeed, claims co-creator
- Take a Chance on PTC’s “Mamma Mia!”
- Stars of smash hit musical Mamma Mia performing outdoor concert in Derby
- PTC’s “Mamma Mia!” Is a Dancing Queen Disappointment
- Abba party night at Roundhouse screening of Mamma Mia
- The stars of Netflix smash hit Queer Eye are at Swansea's Biggest Weekend
- Mamma Mia! Shares in Italian bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena tank after new government pronouncements
- The Crown season 3 full cast announced by Netflix
- Netflix cancels premiere of "13 Reasons Why" after Texas high school mass shooting
- Hollywood star Amanda Seyfried, 32, strips off to romp with Brit heartthrob Clive Owen, 53, in new film Anon
- Solo: A Star Wars Story is rough around the edges but one hell of a trip
- Queer Eye returns in June and stars would ‘love’ to do UK version
Mamma Mia 2 cast: Who stars in sequel Here We Go Again on Netflix? have 1067 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 26, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.