The Bihar government on Wednesday asked the Centre why Gaya district, which has only one active case, has been put under red zone.
“BiharFightsCorona red/ornage and green districts in Bihar as notified by #mohfw, govt of India. we have sought clarifications regarding Gaya district,” tweeted the State’s Principal Health Secretary Sanjay Kumar. He also included all the districts of the State categorized as red, orange and green zones in his tweet.
In the last 11 days, no new cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Gaya district. The last case was detected here on April 25. “Six COVID-19 positive cases were reported from Gaya district, but five of them returned home after recovery,” said an official of the health department. “The recovery rate of the district is 83%,” he said.
The Centre has classified 20 of the 38 districts in Bihar as orange, 13 as green and five as red zones. Besides Gaya, the other four districts in the red zone are Patna, Munger, Rohtas and Buxar. “More cases have been reported from West Champaran and Katihar than Gaya, but they are in green zone,” said the official.
Bihar has reported a total of 539 COVID-19 cases and four deaths. All the cases have been in 76 blocks (of 32 districts), which is only 15% of the 534 blocks in the State. In all, 30,487 COVID-19 sample tests have been done in seven hospitals in the State till May 6.
- Victoria SHUTS the border to millions from 'Covid red zone' Sydney - plunging thousands of families into Christmas chaos as interstate travel is effectively stopped
- Council criticises $480m river plan to develop Christchurch's river red zone
- Mbappe was in red zone and at risk of injury – Tuchel
- Delhi CM asks Centre to listen to farmers, end their struggle
- Thailand: No lockdown, but COVID-19 control zoning nationwide
- Bihar aims to be beggar-free by 2021 by turning vagabonds into vendors, artists
- Woman constable in Bihar shoots herself accidentally while cleaning rifle
- Bihar junior doctors go on strike demanding raise in stipend
- Nitish Kumar spells out Bihar’s priority list for Covid-19 vaccination
- Bihar Board Class 10, 12 2020 result dates confirmed
- Bihar Board Class 10, 12 2020 result in March and April
- Bihar Combined Competitive Exam Admit Card soon, last date for correction today
- IPS officer with IT skills makes policing accessible, accountable in Bihar district
- Jharkhand using environment as ruse to stall coal mine auction: Centre
- ICMR chief Balram Bhargava undergoing treatment for COVID-19 at AIIMS Trauma Centre
- Penny Lancaster reveals why she would rather be patrolling the streets as a police officer than walking the red carpet with husband Sir Rod Stewart
- New York City’s Second Coronavirus Shutdown Begins For Schools, Businesses In Hot Zones
- Start procurement centres for red gram under MSP scheme, Raichur officials told
- KTR asks funds for Telangana projects in 2021 budget
- Pregnant Ashley James displays her burgeoning baby bump in a glitzy red mini dress as she enjoys a night out with pals in Mayfair
Why is Gaya in red zone, Bihar asks Centre have 463 words, post on www.thehindu.com at May 7, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.