The Covid-19 vaccine was developed after scientists successfully generated the novel coronavirus antigen in the lab, said Dr. Do Tuan Dat, President of the Company for Vaccine and Biological Production No.1 (VABIOTECH) in Hanoi. Antigen units are the most important ingredient in vaccine production, helping the body process antigens.After testing the vaccine in mice for two weeks, scientists will conduct blood tests on the animal, sending samples to the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology.Dat said the vaccine will be tested further in animals and evaluated for safety and effectiveness before a manufacturing process is embarked on. The vaccine has been developed by collaborating scientists at VABIOTECH and the U.K.’s Bristol University.A vaccine is said to be the most effective way to fight against a viral disease. Produced from weakened virus or a protein or other small “pieces” taken from it, a vaccine trains the body’s immune system to fight the disease it has not come into contact with before.There are currently no approved vaccines or medication for the Covid-19, which has killed nearly 245,000 people worldwide and infected almost 3.5 million.Around 150 Covid-19 vaccine development projects are being conducted worldwide.Human trials are underway at Oxford University in England for a… Read full this story
- Vietnam seeks to produce test kits for coronavirus
- Hopes raised as Ebola vaccine protects monkeys for 10 months
- Mice that help save humans
- Updated: Past failures shadow current hopes of testing drugs during an Ebola outbreak
- Killer coronavirus will hit Britain 'within days': Race is on to find vaccine as UK scientists prepare to fly out to hot spots
- Vietnam seeks to produce nCoV test kits
- Researchers eliminated HIV from the DNA of infected mice. It's the first step toward a cure for humans, they say
- Scientists develop a vaccine for the Chinese coronavirus but warn it will take a YEAR before it could be dished out - as world health chiefs warn human-to-human spread outside of China is of 'great concern'
- British scientist, 42, is sleeping just two hours a night as she races against time in her San Diego lab to invent a vaccine that will stop coronavirus deaths
- With Wuhan virus genetic code in hand, scientists begin work on a vaccine
Vietnam tests Covid-19 vaccine on mice have 364 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 3, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.