Private equity firm KKR has announced it will invest ₹11,367 crore into Jio Platforms to receive a 2.32% equity stake.Jio Platforms is the holding company of Indian telco Reliance Jio and has over 388 million subscribers. According to KKR, the ₹11,367 crore injected into Jio Platforms is the firm’s largest investment ever in Asia. KKR said it made the investment as it believes Jio Platforms has the potential to transform India’s digital ecosystem.”Few companies have the potential to transform a country’s digital ecosystem in the way that Jio Platforms is doing in India, and potentially worldwide. Jio Platforms is a true homegrown next-generation technology leader in India that is unmatched in its ability to deliver technology solutions and services to a country that is experiencing a digital revolution,” KKR co-founder and co-CEO Henry Kravis said. See also: The Facebook-Reliance tango is great for both companies, but is it good for India? With KKR jumping onto the Jio Platforms bandwagon, this brings the total amount invested into Jio Platform over the past five weeks to ₹78,562 crore. During that period, the likes of Facebook, General Atlantic, Silver Lake, and Vista Equity Partners, have also invested into Jio Platforms.”I am delighted to welcome KKR, one of the… Read full this story
- Let’s Discuss the Totally Bananas Fifth Season of
- Everstone to invest $50 million in KKR-backed Slayback Pharma
- Reliance starts kirana-led retail venture Jio Mart
- IPL 2019 KKR vs RR Match 43: What can we expect?
- Reliance Jio Wi-Fi calling launched in India: Here’s how it is different from Airtel Wi-Fi calling
- 0,6,6,6,6,6: KKR’s new recruit Tom Banton sets Big Bash League on fire - Watch
- Reliance Jio, Airtel launch Wi-Fi Calling service: Key things to know
- 0,6,6,6,6,6 - KKR’s new recruit Tom Banton sets Big Bash League on fire - Watch
- ‘Airtel, Voda Idea & Jio to gain from tariff hikes, but full impact may be seen in Q4’
- KKR’s new signing Chris Green banned for suspect bowling action at BBL
KKR becomes Jio Platform's fifth investor in five weeks have 338 words, post on www.zdnet.com at May 25, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.