WASHINGTON, May 2 (Xinhua) — MLS team DC United is in talks with midfielder Paul Arriola regarding a contract extension, local media reported on Saturday.
The team is trying to sign a two-year extension contract with Arriola, who’s current contract runs through 2021, local media said.
Arriola is currently rehabbing a torn ACL, which he suffered during a preseason match just before the start of the 2020 season.
The 25-year-old started his professional career in Liga MX with Tijuana before joining United in 2017, where he’d emerged as a productive attacker and a versatile piece capable of filling in at multiple roles. Overall, Arriola has 14 goals and 12 assists across 68 career MLS games.
He’s also been a regular part of the US men’s national team rotation since getting his first senior cap in 2016, scoring five goals in 33 appearances for the team.
An extension would lock up another piece of DC United’s core, as the club has also agreed to long-term deals with Julian Gressel, Steven Birnbaum and Russell Canouse. Enditem
- Jonjo Shelvey and Matt Ritchie sign Newcastle contract extensions
- Man Utd youngster Tahith Chong signs two-year contract extension to end talk of transfer exit
- Chelsea star forward rejects latest contract extension offer
- Should Manchester United hand Paul Pogba a new contract?
- Man Utd 1 Rochdale 1 (pens 5-3): United avoid humiliation in shootout to sneak past League One Rochdale
- Roma baulk as Man United reveal Smalling valuation
- Nemanja Matic rewarded for return to form with new two-year Man United contract despite looking set for transfer exit
- Liverpool’s Glen Johnson sees off Stoke and says he has no contract offer
- Atletico Madrid leading race for Barcelona star Ivan Rakitic as Man Utd keep transfer tabs on midfielder
- Report: Nemanja Matic to sign new Manchester United deal
- Two New Yorkers who attended the AIPAC conference in DC test positive for coronavirus
- Manchester United midfielder to sign fresh two year deal: A good decision?
- 2020 NFL free agency: Delayed CBA deadline helps Cowboys in contract talks with Dak Prescott, Amari Cooper
- Jude Bellingham's parents meet Manchester United executives for talks
- Manchester United Hand Mike Phelan Permanent Deal, Eye Daniel James Signing
- Shelvey and Ritchie sign new contracts in signal of Newcastle policy shift
- Anthony Martial ruled out of Manchester United's first leg in Austria
- Manchester United: Is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer close to success?
- Extension of Hisar airport runway in 6 months: Dushyant
- Arsenal to hold Granit Xhaka talks after captain's outburst
DC United in talks with midfielder Arriola regarding contract extension have 390 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at May 3, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.