Video PlayerClose BEIJING, May 6 (Xinhua) — After a successful maiden flight, China’s Long March-5B carrier rocket joins the Long March-2F and Long March-7 to shoulder the construction of China’s space station. LONG MARCH-2F: CHINA’S SAFEST ROCKET With a total length of about 58 meters, the Long March-2F has two core stages and four boosters. An escape tower will be installed on top if the rocket is used to launch manned spacecraft. It has a takeoff mass of about 480 tonnes, and is capable of sending payloads of 8.6 tonnes to low-Earth orbit. It is designed to be China’s safest and most reliable carrier rocket, according to the rocket’s chief designer Zhang Zhi, of the China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology under the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation. It made its maiden flight on Nov. 20, 1999, launching China’s first manned spacecraft Shenzhou-1 with no crew. It sent China’s first astronaut Yang Liwei into space on Oct. 15, 2003, making China the third country capable of sending astronauts into space. Over the past 20 years, the Long March-2F has completed 13 flights with a success rate of 100 percent, sending 11 spacecraft and two space labs into space, said… Read full this story
- China Focus: Revisiting moon no longer a lunatic idea for Chinese
- China Focus: Breastfeeding moms enjoy more friendly environment
- Kerbal Space Program: the universe is like a big McDonalds and we're stuck on a dirty two pence coin
- Sony Announces Seven More Games as Part of China Hero Project
- Just go straight at them — The secrets of Fractured Space's brilliant capital ship combat
- The best Kerbal Space Program mods
- Spotlight: Iraq, China celebrate Silk Road initiative on 60th anniversary of bilateral ties
- Beijing 2022 a hot topic at China's "two sessions"
- Kerbal Space Program Beta: How Is it?
- The future of Kerbal Space Program under Take-Two's ownership
China Focus: Three types of rockets to shoulder construction of China's space station have 302 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.