SURVIVAL horror game The Last of Us 2 finally has a release date after months of delays – but spoilers have already emerged online.
The Last of Us 2 was originally scheduled to release on May 29, but has been hit by various setbacks as a result of the current global pandemic.
In its blog post, Sony revealed that another heavily-delayed PlayStation exclusive title, Ghost of Tsushima, would release July 17.
Sony’s Hermen Hulst thanked game developers Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch Productions for reaching the finish line under tricky circumstances.
“Both teams have worked hard to deliver world-class experiences, and we can’t wait to see what you think of them when they release in just a few short months,” Hermen wrote.
The original Last Of Us, released in 2013, followed the story of Joel, a bereaved father who helps escort teenager Ellie across a post-apocalyptic America.
They’re forced to contend with zombie-style cannibal humans that have been taken over by a mutant fungus, as well as hostile people, too.
The new game is set five years after the original story ended, but you’ll now play as a 19-year-old Ellie, rather than an older and less sprightly Joel.
Unfortunately, a tidal wave of spoilers for the new game leaked online this week.
Out-of-context scenes from the game have spread like wildfire across social media, leaving game director Neil Druckman “heartbroken”.
Druckman wrote on Twitter: “Heartbroken for the team. Heartbroken for our fans. We’re still incredibly excited to get the game into your hands.”
Naughty Dog urged fans not to spoil the release for others.
“No matter what you see and hear, the final experience will be worth it,” the company wrote on Twitter.
The Last Of Us 2 will almost certainly be available on the new PlayStation 5 console when it launches later this year.
Loading up a game on the PlayStation 5 will be ten times faster than on PS4, according to Sony.
As well as The Last Of Us 2, we’re expecting new God of War and Horizon: Zero Dawn titles to launch with the console.
Sony has said it will release the PS5 in time for Christmas 2020. The price tag remains a closely-guarded secret.
PlayStation releases – what’s the history?
Here’s what you need to know…
- The original PlayStation launched in Europe in 1995
- This was followed by the PlayStation 2 in the year 2000
- The PlayStation 3 arrived over half a decade later, in 2006
- Then gamers had to wait a further seven years for 2013’s PS4 launch
- Sony has announced it will release the PS5 around Christmas 2020
TOP STORIES IN GAMING
Cheapest Xbox, PS4 and Nintendo Switch bundles you can still buy online
NEXT TOP MODEL
Stunning ‘Xbox Project Oris’ console concept revealed by genius 3D artist
Call of Duty Modern Warfare gets 15GB update TOMORROW – here’s what’s new
PS5 design revealed? Stunning ‘first look’ images show leaked Sony sketches in 3D
Call of Duty Warzone best guns – fastest ‘time to kill’ weapons revealed
In other news, earlier today a PlayStation fan released stunning concept images of the PS5.
Gamers across the globe can now play Google Stadia for free.
And, the PS5 and Xbox Series X could cost a hefty £500 at launch.
What do you think of the Last Of Us 2 delay? Let us know in the comments!
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
- Killing Eve UK fans furious as new series of BBC show airs in America
- Drive: Netflix Sets November Release Date, Song ‘Makhna’ Out
- iOS 12 release date, news and features
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Release date, plot and possible spoilers
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Release date, plot, cast and possible spoilers
- iOS 12.1 release date and all iOS 12 features explained
- His Dark Materials TV series: Release date, cast, plot and more
- The Last of Us 2 release date, news, and rumors
- Doom Eternal: release date, trailers and news
- FIFA 20: release date, news, new modes and everything else there is to know
- Samsung Galaxy S10e release date, price, news and leaks
- Voice of the People for June 19, 2010
The Last of Us 2 release date is June 19 after delay – but fans are furious as spoilers go viral online have 726 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 28, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.