There’s no shortage of iPhone 12 leaks, and the latest includes key specs and prices for all four of Apple’s rumored models. And while price is one aspect of iPhones that we’re not always a fan of, it’s mostly good news here if this leak is right.
That’s because, according to Jon Prosser (an Apple leaker with a good track record), the iPhone 12 Pro price will start at $999 and iPhone 12 Pro Max at $1,099, which are the exact same prices as the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max.
As such we can speculate that prices elsewhere will be the same too, which would mean £1,049 / AU$1,749 for the iPhone 12 Pro and £1,149 / AU$1,899 for the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Apple keeping the prices the same is about the best you could hope for – especially considering the improved specs and features, and supposedly bigger screens.
- These are the best iPhones
- And these are the best iPhone apps
- On a budget? These are the best free iPhone apps
Been seeing some reports speculating on iPhone 12 prices, so I asked my sources 👇5.4 iPhone 12 D52GOLED / 5G2 cam$6496.1 iPhone 12 D53GOLED / 5G2 cam $7496.1 iPhone 12 Pro D53POLED / 5G3 cam + LiDAR$9996.7 iPhone 12 Pro Max D54POLED / 5G3 cam + LiDAR$1,099April 30, 2020
According to this leak (and many others) the iPhone 12 Pro will have a 6.1-inch OLED screen, while the iPhone 12 Pro Max will have a 6.7-inch OLED display, up from 5.8 inches and 6.5 inches for the iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max respectively.
Both new phones also apparently come with 5G, along with three rear cameras and a LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) scanner – which again is stuff that we’ve heard before.
The reason we say the prices are ‘mostly’ good news is that the standard iPhone 12 looks set to cost more than the iPhone 11. To get the same 6.1-inch screen you’ll apparently be paying $749, which is $50 more than the iPhone 11.
Having said that, Apple is also supposedly introducing a new 5.4-inch model at the bottom of the range, and this will reportedly only cost $649, or $50 less than the iPhone 11. Both of these phones also apparently have an OLED screen, 5G support and two rear cameras.
As ever, we’d take these claims with a pinch of salt, but other than the prices this isn’t the first time we’re hearing any of this, and the price leak come from sources that accurately foresaw the iPhone SE (2020) release date, so they might well be right.
- Stock up on the best free iPhone games
- Amazing iPhone 12 deal bags you Apple mobile for £29 a month with no upfront cost
- iPhone 13 video ‘reveals’ Apple’s new phone design four MONTHS before launch
- Update your iPhone NOW or you could lose control of handset due to major flaw
- Complete guide to iPhone 13: Latest news
- iPhone 13 release date, price, specs and every new iPhone leak
- iPhone 13 rumors: Release date, leaks, cameras and more
- iPhone SE 3 release date, price, news and every leak so far
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G release date, price, news, leaks and rumors
- Apple Event 2021 LIVE – April ‘Spring Loaded’ latest, NEW iPhone colour, location-tracking AirTags & first 5G iPad
- Best Android VPN 2021
- How to buy Apple Shares and what you need to know before buying AAPL
- Best Bluetooth audio glasses and sunglasses for 2021
iPhone 12 prices just leaked – and it's mostly good news have 534 words, post on www.techradar.com at April 30, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.