April 6, 2020
Cobb County Community Services Board (CCCSB), as an essential service, is open and serving people in the community following federal, state, and local guidelines and restrictions during this COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are the public safety net for those who have a mental illness, a substance use issue, or those who have an intellectual or other developmental disability,” says CEO Foster Norman. “Our job is to continue to serve and support these individuals as best we can, given the current circumstances. These healthcare needs continue for individuals regardless of the presence of COVID-19 or any other disease.”
The agency’s Behavioral Health Crisis Center (BHCC), located at 1758 County Services Parkway, is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for those experiencing a behavioral health crisis. Outpatient and Residential Treatment programs continue to operate on normal hours while adhering to federal, state and local guidelines.
Those who are experiencing a behavioral health crisis can visit our Behavioral Health Crisis Center 24 hours a day (1758 County Services Parkway). People also can call the Georgia Crisis and Access Line (GCAL) at 1-800-715-4225. GCAL is available 24 hours a day. GCAL also offers an APP for individuals who want to communicate through social media.
For those who are not in crisis, but who are experiencing behavioral health challenges, there are a number of ways to receive services via telephone or online. Georgia Council offers a confidential Cares Warm Line for those who may need someone to talk to about recovery. They are available from 8 a.m.-11 p.m. at 1-844-326-5400.
Other virtual recovery programs include the following list below from the national Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Local groups like National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Cobb and its national affiliation also have online resources.
Virtual Recovery Programs
Alcoholics Anonymous: Offers online support http://aa-intergroup.org/
Cocaine Anonymous: Offers online support and services https://www.ca-online.org/
LifeRing: LifeRing Secular Recovery offers online support https://www.lifering.org/online-meetings
In The Rooms – Online Recovery Meetings: Provides online support through live meetings and discussion groups. https://www.intherooms.com/home/
Marijuana Anonymous: Offers virtual support https://ma-online.org/
Narcotics Anonymous: Offers a variety of online and skype meeting options https://www.na.org/meetingsearch/
Reddit Recovery: Offers a virtual hang out and support during recovery
Refuge Recovery: Provides online and virtual support http://bit.ly/refugerecovery1
Self-Management and Recovery Training (SMART) Recovery: Offers global community of mutual-support groups, forums including a chat room and message board https://www.smartrecovery.org/community/
SoberCity: Offers an online support and recovery community https://www.soberocity.com/
Sobergrid: Offers an online platform to help anyone get sober and stay sober
Soberistas: Provides a women-only international online recovery community
Sober Recovery: Provides an online forum for those in recovery and their friends and family https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/
For more information about Cobb County Community Services Board, please visit www.cobbcsb.com.
This press release was produced by Cobb County Government. The views expressed here are the author’s own.
- Fenland has five new oncall firefighters as county fire service enrols 12 new recruits
- New county wide service to help with Universal Credit launched today
- Bordon's community event to be well supported
- Cleaners, caretakers and electricians at county council to be outsourced
- FAI say recent statements 'didn't accurately reflect Board's awareness of €100,000 issue'
- ECB county cricket chief insists The Hundred won’t devalue the four-day game
- ‘Patient’ McGregor mopped floors and polished brass in churches for community service while surrounded by henchmen, says pastor
- These North East care home and services have been ordered to improve
- Cellular communication in Belarus
- Ambulance service 'on the right path'
- Emergency services dealing with accident near Stoke-on-Trent pub
- What changes to the Cwm Taf health board means for people in Bridgend
- Questions over Suffolk's special educational needs oversight board
- Damning list of failings by county mental health services
- Fox Valley Community Center needs a new floor
- Hemel Hempstead MP tells Parliament: Our community have “no confidence” in local health bosses
- Northamptonshire mental health services in line for national award
- Scheme to send kids in care to boarding school splits opinion
- Durham County Council at 10: Challenges and successes
- Colm O'Rourke: 'How long will it be before a woman manages a men's county team?'
Cobb County Community Services Board Services Remain Available have 719 words, post on patch.com at April 7, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.