Email By National Education Reporter Conor Duffy Updated March 23, 2020 15:31:45 Video: NSW Premier gives an update on coronavirus measures (ABC News) Related Story: Why coronavirus pressures prompted Australia’s biggest states to rebel against Scott Morrison Map: NSW The Federal Government said one thing, Victoria said another and NSW appears to be having a bet each-way.As Australia enters a shutdown designed to contain the spread of coronavirus, the instructions given to parents of school-aged children depends on where you live.This morning, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian announced schools would remain open and are safe, but also told parents not to send their children there if they could help it — here’s why.What did Victoria do?Yesterday, Victoria’s Government — aided by an earlier start to the Easter Holidays — was able to make a clear announcement, closing schools as of tomorrow.Victoria’s school holidays were due to start on Friday anyway, while NSW’s were not scheduled to begin until April 13.It said that will give schools more time to prepare for remote learning (delivering classes online).Official Federal Government advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee — the key decision making committee for health emergencies — is that schools should remain open.Some… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: Will French schools stay open?
- Donald Trump has set the record for the longest US government shutdown — here's how the rest stack up
- NYC Schools To Remain Open, For Now; Restaurants Dealing With Restrictions, Sheriffs Bust Several Illegal Parties
- Is Poundland open today? Coronavirus lockdown opening hours and advice
- Popular dumpling chain Din Tai Fung collapses after suffering huge losses due to the coronavirus shutdown and a 'wage theft' scandal
- First Dates restaurant has finally reopened six months after coronavirus shutdown as show relocates to Manchester
- Schools to open after 315-day COVID break
- Disabled boy's return to school blocked by 'discriminatory' coronavirus rules
- This Louisiana native led US coronavirus testing. Here's why he says the nation was 'unprepared.'
- COVID-19: Mixed reactions trail schools re-opening
NSW schools will remain open during Australia's coronavirus shutdown — here's why have 326 words, post on www.abc.net.au at March 23, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.