In a press conference on March 24, President Donald Trump stated that “We’ve done more tests in eight days than South Korea has done in eight weeks,” referring to tests for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. But his claim is false. Here are the actual numbers. The Korean Center for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) has been publishing a daily COVID-19 test report since they began testing on Jan. 3. In the eight weeks between Jan. 28 (when 187 tests had already been recorded) and March 24, the KCDC recorded 348,395 tests (in all, KCDC had recorded 348,582 tests since Jan.3). It’s harder to get an accurate number for nationwide testing in the U.S. because the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control only records the tests performed at their agency’s labs or at state public health labs. (And that number is kind of embarrassing at 94,514.) But the vast majority of the tests in the U.S are done through private labs, which aren’t included in the CDC count. The COVID Tracking Project, a nationwide dataset managed by volunteer analysts and journalists, reported 344,728 tests as of March 24 (it’s 418,810 as of today, March 25). And the total for the eight days… Read full this story
- Mike Pompeo, after Pyongyang slap, urges North Korea to replicate Vietnam’s ‘miracle’ after gaining U.S. ties
- North Korea fires projectiles, after agreeing to US talks
- North Korea may have fired submarine missile 'into Japanese waters'
- South Africa: Verulam Man Allegedly Raped Stepdaughter 900 Times From 2013 to 2018, Court Hears
- Mike Pompeo shrugs off North Korea ‘gangster’ jibes at US
- Donald Trump's bad week
- Trump says Pompeo won't go to North Korea, criticizes denuclearization progress
- A dangerous choice looms for Trump on North Korea
- Donald Trump Gifts Elton John's 'Rocket Man' To North Korea's Kim Jong
- Pompeo meets Japanese, South Korean allies after denuclearization talks with Pyongyang
No, the US has not tested more people in 8 days than South Korea did in 8 weeks have 312 words, post on www.livescience.com at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.