The Prime Ministers call for social distancing and now a total lockdown has led to people staying at their homes. This has caused an unprecedented surge in mobile internet consumption. As a result, the government and the telecom operators are concerned about its potential impact on the cellular network infrastructure. The digital industry is acutely aware of this challenge and is committed to ensuring that all citizens are able to access mobile networks wherever and whenever they want. In order to achieve this, a meeting was organized on Tuesday by Uday Shankar, Chairman, Star & Disney India, with key stakeholders of the digital industry. The meeting, held virtually, was attended by NP Singh (Sony), Sanjay Gupta (Google), Ajit Mohan (Facebook), Sudhanshu Vats (Viacom18), Gaurav Gandhi (Amazon Prime Video), Punit Goenka (Zee), Nikhil Gandhi (Tiktok), Ambika Khurana (Netflix), Karan Bedi (MX Player) and Varun Narang (Hotstar). The digital industry has decided to act immediately in the larger national and consumer interest and to ensure the robustness of the cellular network. It was unanimously agreed that as an exceptional measure, all companies will immediately adopt measures, including temporarily defaulting HD and ultra-HD streaming to SD content or offering only SD content, at… Read full this story
- What Is 5G? Here’s What You Need to Know About the New Network
- Flaws in 4G and 5G networks could let anyone monitor your phone calls
- HUESSY: What If Your Devices Connected To A Chinese Spy Network?
- Key Senator Warns of Dangers of Chinese Investment in 5G Networks
- Verizon becomes first in the world to activate 5G network
- Verizon sets April launch date for 5G network in Chicago
- Cheltenham reveller jumps head-first into a bin to cheers from punters
- CBS's Bouie Cheers Socialist Sanders's Plan for a 'Very, Very Robust Welfare State'
- Cops investigating 'attempts by Brexiteers to disrupt rail network'
- Administration Readies Order to Keep China Out of Wireless Networks
Cheer up! Cellular network to go robust during lockdown have 320 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.