In context: The US has long insisted that Huawei has backdoor access to the mobile-phone networks it helps build around the world. Now, national security officials say they have evidence of this and provided details to the UK and Germany. “We have evidence that Huawei has the capability secretly to access sensitive and personal information in systems it maintains and sells around the world,” US National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien told the Wall Street Journal. Back in May last year, President Trump, citing a threat to national security, added Huawei to an entity list that effectively banned US companies from doing business with the firm. But the spying claims have gone back years, with officials claiming they’ve been aware of Huawei’s backdoor access “since observing it in 2009 in early 4G equipment.” The US has said it doesn’t need to show proof that Huawei can access the networks, and it still isn’t revealing the evidence, though it has been shared with other countries. “The US kept the intelligence highly classified until late last year, when American officials provided details to allies including the UK and Germany, according to officials from the three countries,” writes the Journal. It’s noted that manufacturers… Read full this story
- What is a mobile network, anyway? This is 5G, boiled down
- China warns Britain it will suffer economically if we don’t let Huawei build our 5G mobile network
- 5G: EE launches UK's next-generation mobile network
- Intelligence sharing with the US will be harmed if UK uses Huawei in 5G network, says former head of Homeland Security
- Stacking Up the Fastest Mobile Networks in the Nation
- Swalwell says evidence in impeachment depositions amounts to 'extortion scheme' by Trump admin
- Why is Huawei so controversial and being targeted by foreign governments?
- Huawei Mate 30 release date confirmed – but new ‘iPhone killer’ might have NO Google apps
- Vodafone admits it discovered 'hidden backdoors' in Huawei software ten years ago as Chinese firm battles to protect its reputation amid 5G espionage fears
- Three switches 5G network on in the UK – how to get ultra-fast speeds today
US says it has evidence that Huawei can spy on mobile networks have 356 words, post on www.techspot.com at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.