The Greens’ new leader thinks Scott Morrison is a ‘threat to life’, wants the coal industry to be shut down and insists Australia Day should be scrapped. Adam Bandt was today elected unopposed to take over from Richard Di Natale who resigned to spend more time with his family. The 47-year-old MP for inner-city Melbourne, who once called for the overthrow of capitalism, will use his new platform to advocate higher taxes, more welfare and the end of Australia’s most lucrative industries. The father of two used his victory speech on Tuesday morning to slam the government over the bushfire crisis, warning the country is facing a ‘climate emergency’ and that Aussies are ‘no longer guaranteed a good life’. He said: ‘We are facing a jobs crisis, an inequality crisis, and the government’s only response is to shrug and say, “well, get used to it, because this is the new normal”. ‘Well, I refuse to adapt to kids wearing gas masks [due to bushfire smoke]. I refuse to accept a society where people put off having children because they are feeling so insecure about their jobs and their life. And I refuse to accept people living in poverty in a country as… Read full this story
- New Hope and New Danger on the Left
- Coronavirus Australia: Fury as Aussies ‘forced to pay for COVID-19’
- Deputy Chief Medical Officer Nick Coatsworth: Australians should sign up to COVID-19 tracking app
- Pelosi sees defections from an unusual quarter — the left
- More Trump rally clashes caught on camera: Anti-Donald supporter is caught on camera chasing a white Trump supporter and tackling him to the ground at San Jose rally
- Crowd in Texas chants 'fire Fauci' and heavily armed demonstrators swarm New Hampshire as thousands across the country demand to be 'liberated' from stay-at-home orders - while protesters dump fake body bags outside of Trump properties
- Coronavirus latest: EU leaders want large recovery fund, stall on details
- Coronavirus latest: EU leaders hold video summit over economic woes
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area managed to crush the curve compared to hard-hit U.S. areas
- It’s Election Day: Is Anyone Going to Listen to the Art World?
The anti-Australian! How EXTREME left-winger and anti-coal zealot Adam Bandt's election as Greens leader will change the country as we know it - and why hard-working Aussies should be afraid have 355 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 3, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.