Oil paintings at a showcase featuring 44 works in different materials by Korean and Vietnamese artists at the HCM City Fine Arts Association (Photo courtesy of the organiser) HCM City (VNS/VNA) – Twenty-four artists from the Republic of Korea and Vietnam are showcasing works in different media as a celebration of the beauty of women. The event, International Vietnam-Korea Art Exchange Exhibition, is organised by the HCM City Fine Arts Association to promote cultural exchange between artists of the two countries. Although 13 Korean artists cancelled their visit to HCM City due to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the event’s opening ceremony at the association still attracted many visitors. More than 40 works, including oil and lacquer paintings, sculpture and mixed media, are “a gift of love presented to life and women”, said Vo Thanh Tam, a student of the HCM City Fine Arts University. The works are based on fond memories and loves of their lives, he said. Highlighted works include masterpieces of RoK artists Gunho Ko and Nayoung that show images of women in different states and emotions. A series of works in oil called Yen Binh (Peace) by Vietnamese artist Dai Trang have vivid colours that indicate dreams and passions. The beauty of women and nature… Read full this story
- Bridget Riley to pay tribute to the National Gallery with a huge mural
- Remembrance Day: Music video with Sinead O'Connor, Ronnie Wood and Cillian Murphy pays tribute to fallen soldiers
- Youngster who wears her dad’s service medal pays tribute to ‘soldiers in the sky’ with heartfelt drawing
- Music world pays tribute to Buzzcocks frontman Pete Shelley
- Make-up artist pays respects to First World War fallen soldiers with body paint tribute of Tommy Statue
- Greensburg native pays tribute to storyteller, musician Harry Chapin
- Marvel film stars pay tribute to legendary comic book writer Stan Lee
- Cork comic book artist hails Stan Lee as among the 'most important writers of all time'
- Project inspires artists to retell Tale of Kiều
- Project inspires artists to retell Tale of Kieu
RoK, Vietnamese artists pay tribute to ‘unending inspiration’ have 330 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 25, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.