Source: Daniel Bader/Android Central
What you need to know
- Google is adding Tile integration to the Google Assistant.
- The firm will let you locate or ring your Tile from any Google Assistant-enabled device.
- The update is rolling out from today.
Google is angling the Assistant to be the center of its smart home strategy, and it’s improving compatibility for new types of devices. Got one of those Tile trackers, for instance? Google Assistant will now be able to help you locate your items easily with a series of new commands.
As per Google :
You can use the Assistant on any Nest device, like the Nest Mini or Nest Hub, to ring your Tile, or check your Tile’s last seen location. Ring your Tile by saying: “Hey Google, ring my laptop” or “Hey Google, make my backpack ring”. Or, you can ask the location of your Tile by saying: “Hey Google, where is my purse: or “Hey Google, find my passport.”
The Tile tracker, just as a quick explainer, is a Bluetooth tracker that can be placed on things like backpacks, keys, laptops, etc and enables users to keep track of things that can easily go missing, It ranges in price from the really high-end Tile Pro to the Tile Mate and so on.
With the new Assistant integration, using it will be a bit easier for those deep in the Google/Nest home ecosystem.
Google is rolling out this feature from today, and all you’ll need is the Google Home app to take advantage of it.
You may have never heard of Fairphone, but the Dutch company is trying to make waves across the tech industry with its sustainable approach to materials sourcing, distribution, labor relations, and customer care. We got the chance to try out the Fairphone 3, and we have some thoughts on the device beyond its hardware and software experience.
Since we’re so close to the Android 12 beta, we want to know what you think about the changes so far. Are you on board with Material NEXT or are you not feeling the UI overhaul that’s underway?
FLoC is currently the best plan to actually preserve our privacy. But because Google is behind it, a lot of other companies are worried that Google will extend its ad platform at the expense of competitors.
Google Assistant is the most useful smart voice assistant for getting your questions answered and keeping track of your digital life, but it’s also great at helping you control your smart home devices and services.
- Google Assistant and Google Home won’t work properly if you completely disable Google’s location tracking
- If Google Assistant says your flight is 'likely' delayed, it's mostly true
- I live with Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri. Here’s which one you should pick
- Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant or Cortana? A guide to choose one
- $227 million PUB works to keep Orchard Road free from floods unveiled
- Google Pixel 4 review: a good phone ruined by poor battery life
- Google’s secret weapon for protecting its employees email accounts is now available for everyone — and it only costs $50
- I’m an iPhone user who refused to switch to Android – but the Google Pixel 3 XL may have changed my mind
- Amazon will stop selling Nest smart home devices, escalating its war with Google
- 17 incredibly useful Google products and services you didn’t know existed
- Google maps out a digital Thailand
- We compared Google Calendar and Apple’s built-in calendar app for the iPhone — and the winner is clear
Google Assistant now works with Tile, keeps track of your keys have 671 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at February 4, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.