another delay The company is waiting for more powerful equipment before expanding. Jason England 13 Jan 2020 0 Source: VerizonWhat you need to know Verizon has delayed expanding its 5G Home service again. It expects to roll it out to more areas in the second half of 2020 with new high-powered equipment. The carrier hopes to have 30 million households covered with its 5G Home service in five to seven years. If you were hoping for Verizon’s 5G Home service to make its way to your area soon, you could be waiting longer than you expected. The news comes after a top executive at Verizon recently spoke with Light Reading and revealed the 5G Home service won’t be expanding until the second half of 2020. While that’s a bummer for customers, the reason stems from Verizon waiting for new and improved equipment to be released later this year. So, even though you’ll be waiting longer, at least the service should be better as a consolation. Don’t get your hopes up too high, though, as this is not the first time Verizon has delayed the rollout of its 5G Home service. Previously, it announced in January 2019 that expansion was delayed… Read full this story
- Verizon Completes 5G Video Call on a Samsung Tablet During Super Bowl
- Verizon Completes 5G Call Using New 3GPP-Compliant 5G Tech
- Google Has Sold a Google Home Every Second Since October 19
- Vista SP1 is due in the second half of 2007, after all
- Online ad revenue strong first half of 2008: What about the second half?
- Samsung to launch Bixby-powered smart speaker in second half of 2018
- Microsoft Patch Rate Surged in Second Half of 2008
- CIOs getting better prices, see flat second half spending
- Things looking up for second half
- Red Hat preps RHEL 7 for second half of 2013
Verizon delays 5G Home expansion until the second half of 2020 have 304 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at January 13, 2020. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.